Probe Basic rapid override sliders bouncing

More
15 Dec 2022 17:28 #259566 by COlger81
I converted from Gmoccapy to Probe Basic. I have a physical 3 position selector switch for rapid override which worked without issue in Gmoccapy. In Probe Basic it bounces the on screen slider at startup and periodically during operation when changing the physical switch. All pins are doing what they should be doing in halshow. I do not need to adjust that slider manually in the UI as i do use the physical switch. Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2022 21:56 #259591 by COlger81
I was able to resolve the bounce issue with MUX16. Only issue remaining is on startup the slider does not sync with my rapid-override physical switch. It is defaulted to 100% and i have to flip the physical switch once every time I start the UI, then it follows my physical switch.

More
16 Dec 2022 02:03 #259602 by Lcvette
How is the physical switch controlling the override? Is it a series of positions with latching outputs? It may need to be run through the post gui hal file to update the gui once it's been loaded. That would be my guess if it's a serious of latching switch positions outputting to various mesa inputs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: COlger81

More
16 Dec 2022 04:47 #259608 by spumco
Yep - most stuff that interfaces with the PB screen works (or works better) when in the postgui.hal file.  Physical SRO, FRO... stuff like that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette, COlger81

More
16 Dec 2022 05:11 #259609 by COlger81
It's a 3 position physical switch with 2 outputs fed into MUX16. It works just fine after the first time switching it after startup. I'll move it to the POSTGUI in the morning and let you know if that solves it.

Thank You
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

More
16 Dec 2022 16:43 #259654 by COlger81
The overrides work without issue now that i moved them to the POSTGUI.

Thank You
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Lcvette

More
16 Dec 2022 19:18 #259662 by Lcvette

The overrides work without issue now that i moved them to the POSTGUI.

Thank You

excellent!
The following user(s) said Thank You: COlger81

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds