TOOL COMPENSATION

More
13 Feb 2010 21:39 #1884 by CrazyPenguin
Hello to all, Excuse me but my English is not very good.-

My machine is like a bridgeport, but When i make a tool change, i need to make a tool length compensation (z axis) and in my particular case i need to make a X axis compensation and Y axis compensation too (like a lathe).-

any help about this will be sincerely grateful .-

Thank you very much.-

Sebastian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2010 01:51 #1889 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:TOOL COMPENSATION
If you have a tool probe you can do this in g-code if not I recommend you split the files for each tool.

John

More
14 Feb 2010 14:53 #1896 by CrazyPenguin
Replied by CrazyPenguin on topic Re:TOOL COMPENSATION
Thanks for your reply John......

Unfortunately i do not have a tool probe, and to split the file is not posible for my project because i am making a retrofiting of a old machine, and i intented to use the same file that use before.-

i know the exactly X,Y,Z offset for each tool........ and the tools are ever mounted ready to work (i have 4 spindle motors and 4 tools mounted on z axis)

is possible that when I do a tool change, the X,Y,Z position change automatically for use the new tool?

Sebastian

More
14 Feb 2010 17:28 #1899 by robh
Replied by robh on topic Re:TOOL COMPENSATION
hi
would doing a work datum shift solve your problems?
as im amusing your tools/spindles are in different X Y Z locations to each other.

the Dev soon to be version 2.4 has G10 L20 which will let you shift all axes by a defined amount, and let you shift it all back at the end of the program (see manual on dev version for more info)
or you could just note down locations of spindles/tools and do a G10 L2 shift if you dont want to run the dev version and keep shifting the datum around to compensate

rob

More
14 Feb 2010 19:37 #1902 by CrazyPenguin
Replied by CrazyPenguin on topic Re:TOOL COMPENSATION
Hi Rob, you are correct, my tools/spindles are in different X Y Z locations each other.-

Yes, is posible to make this with G10 L2, but in my particular case, i need to define many working areas and i using coordinate system for it.-

so, i need to find another solution... i am thinking to use G92 for it, but i do not sure if it is posible to write into 5011 5012 5013 vars (X Y Z for G92) in order to make it automaticly when i perform a tool change (using "tool change request signal" and programming on hal module or wherever).......

but, i do not know if it is posible to make this....... any help about this will be sincerely grateful.-

Thank you very much.-

Sebastian

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds