About homing procedure

More
09 Apr 2010 09:39 #2549 by athansoft
I need some help. When I press the 'All Home' button, the z axis stops to the upper limit switch and it works fine. But there is also another limit switch which is fitted on the table and EMC have to move the speedle down until the bottom point of the cutter presses this switch to calculate the lenth of the cutter. How can I add this procedure to the homing procedure?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2010 14:43 #2550 by eslavko
Replied by eslavko on topic Re:About homing procedure
You can't! (As I know)

But if that switch is routed as probe input then you can use G38 move and touch off.
Most user's use Z zerro at part top not at table top. :P

More
09 Apr 2010 20:23 - 09 Apr 2010 20:24 #2557 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:About homing procedure
As you only need to home once after you power up so having tool length offset when you home does not make sense.
What are you trying to do?

John
Last edit: 09 Apr 2010 20:24 by BigJohnT.

More
11 Apr 2010 18:50 - 11 Apr 2010 18:50 #2581 by athansoft
Replied by athansoft on topic Re:About homing procedure
It is very critical to have an absolute Z zero in down position after putting a tool. I'll try ro explain why. My english not help me very much, but I'll try.:
1. If you have a block which its upper surface isn't flat and you have to make it flat in a specific thickness.
2. If a mat;erial is a little curved or slopped and you have to mill it to make it parallelepipeded.
In both of these cases the "touch off" is unusable.
You need an absolute Z zero position out of material or table area. So I put a switch someware on my machine, out of the x-y table and after homing I move down the spindle until tool press the switch. This is my zero position for Z-axis. The last movement I'd like add it in homing procedure.
Last edit: 11 Apr 2010 18:50 by athansoft.

More
12 Apr 2010 07:54 #2584 by eslavko
You can touchOff to the table itself! Or you can touchoff to the body of machine. :S

More
12 Apr 2010 11:48 #2588 by athansoft
Replied by athansoft on topic Re:About homing procedure
Yes, you ase right. This is what I do with the switch, but I want to do it automaticaly enery time I press "home all" button.

More
12 Apr 2010 12:39 #2591 by eslavko
The problem seem's to minior and I'm afraid that nobody want to resolve it.
But EMC is open source and anybody can make improvment's. So you can do it on your own. Just don't tell me that you are not programmer. I'm not programer too and digging into source and try to understand what how why. :woohoo:
Just right time to get new knowledge.

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds