TCP 5-axis kinematics

More
28 Mar 2020 21:47 #161844 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic TCP 5-axis kinematics
Normally you would "setp" those HAL pins to suit the fixed geometry of your trunnions.

It isn't anything to do with home positions etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2020 08:35 #161921 by papagno-source
Thanks for the answer. So ultimately, I have to set xyzbc-trt-kins.x-offset and xyzbc-trt-kins.z-offset based on the physical center distances of my table based on the dimensions of the table manufacturer and to perfect the kinematics and adapt it precisely use xyzbc-trt-kins.x-rot-point and xyzbc-trt-kins.y-rot-point and xyzbc-trt-kins.z.-rot-point.
Correct?

More
29 Mar 2020 15:10 #161977 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic TCP 5-axis kinematics

Correct?

Probably. At this point you know as much as me.

In addition to the manual page:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/motion/5-axis-kinematics.html

You can probably get some info from the sample config HAL files: (Actually, in this case the settings are made in the INI file, which is unusual)
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...ng/xyzac-trt.ini#L32
Note that two of the offsets are set to standard values, and one is linked to the tool length.

More
19 Apr 2020 05:35 - 19 Apr 2020 05:36 #164591 by MDM3D
Replied by MDM3D on topic TCP 5-axis kinematics
Dgarrett/All, I have tried to add the foward and inverse kinematics for an AB configured machine with a rotary table A and a rotating Spindle B. How do you think I should go about coding for the fact that my X rotation point moves with the head. It does not have a fixed point like a AC or BC table/table configuration? Would it be as simple as like how the tool length offset is configured. I am starting to see the advantages of having the table table configurations with the motion control. I would just loose to much space on my configuration if I did table/table.
For instance if I replaced x_rot_point with something like pos.x which would be the current X pos? If I am thinking correctly Y and Z rotation points do not move on my machine. I don't think I can define the X rotation point as a changing number in the .ini file.
Last edit: 19 Apr 2020 05:36 by MDM3D.

More
02 May 2020 20:54 - 03 May 2020 07:02 #166429 by papagno-source
Hi stay test on real machine xyzbc-trt configuration.
On real machine when switch on TCP-xyzbc and move B axis with jog-pendand in 0.1 increment the axis Z vibration , i thing have
immediate accelleration , for reduce this i have impose fractional-acceleration in ini file on B axis at 0.1 value.
The actual max acceleration for alla axis is 500 value.
Whit 0.1 the fractional-accellarion value , now move good, not vibration.

But i have test in manual mode B+ or B- with tcp on and Z axis vibration.
I don't have test again in automatic, but thing can create some problem , not understand how can resolve this problem.

I don't understand with TCP on , if move B axis , Z axis move with B axis max accelleration value or Z max accelleration value ?

Or when use TCPon in normal operation automatic mode , the velocity are small and this problem not appare ?

Thanks
Last edit: 03 May 2020 07:02 by papagno-source.

More
03 May 2020 18:41 #166523 by papagno-source
Hi. I have test in automatic cycle and work good with tcpon and tcp off.
Have modification logic the machine , when is manual and have tcp on , can move only with jog pendant and not in JOG move .
Is dangerous move machine in jog mode with tcp on.
The next step will ceck the geometry table.

Thanks

More
29 May 2020 20:33 #169351 by papagno-source
Hi .
i have cecked the my geometry table BC type on 5 axis machine.
When rotate B 90° or B -90 and control linearity along Y axis , have 5/100 mm on 300 mm travel the y.

Now for adjust the geometry , i can move the meccanical feedback , but not is ideal .

Exist in KINEMATIC , the pin for correct in kinematic geometry problem the table respect X axis or Y axis or Z axis ?
I thing a value imposed on some pin , loated in KIN , for correct automatically position the X axis , when Y axis move , for cancel the
5/100 mm the geometry error proporzional at Y movement .

Thanks

More
20 Aug 2020 16:14 - 20 Aug 2020 16:15 #178838 by SB
Replied by SB on topic TCP 5-axis kinematics
I tested your branch with me. That was exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much.
I was wondering if there is a possibility to turn the direction of rotation of the A-axis, if so in which file can I do this?
X/Y/Z/A/C
Last edit: 20 Aug 2020 16:15 by SB.
The following user(s) said Thank You: daidai

More
29 Sep 2020 17:30 #184310 by JackRay
Replied by JackRay on topic TCP 5-axis kinematics
Hello ,

I set up a 5-axis xyzac-type machine in TCP, the switchkins work very well (M428 / M429 / M430) the switch to Trivkins mode -> xyzac-trt-kins goes well.

On the other hand, the parent axes in any direction.
Even when changing values if below the movement is always the same and inconsistent

net: kinstype-select <= motion.analog-out-03
net: kinstype-select => motion.switchkins-type

net: tool-offset motion.tooloffset.z xyzac-trt-kins.tool-offset
setp xyzac-trt-kins.x-offset 0
setp xyzac-trt-kins.y-offset 0
setp xyzac-trt-kins.z-offset -40

setp xyzac-trt-kins.x-rot-point 163.497
setp xyzac-trt-kins.y-rot-point 265.305
setp xyzac-trt-kins.z-rot-point -169

Can you help me please I can't understand?
attached my .ini / .hal files

thank you in advance
Attachments:

More
02 Oct 2020 14:35 #184578 by daidai
Replied by daidai on topic TCP 5-axis kinematics
Hi everyone.
I could complete what i wanted to have my own 5 axis machine thanks you to everyone.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Shu, Aciera

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds