Cutting threads on a lathe

More
08 Jul 2010 06:27 #3302 by martin
Dear all,
Could anybody help me, please? I have problems to debug (to start) the cutting threads simulation on a lathe in EMC2.
I have also tried the Emc2.4.2 version including the lathe machines (examples) saved in the EMC2 directory.
The program is ok as far as the line including information regarding cutting thread (G33 or G76). Before that the tooling and the rotation speed are specified (SxxM3).
Programs I used are from the directory /emc2/nc_files/examples/ and even the own ones with the same negative result.
It is enough for me to start the program "at no load" - that is without the output to a machine.
Other programs are possible to debug without problems. I have problems only with the G33 ...
an example: on one of the machines there was the "C" axis, but this also finished with a failure.
Is it possible to do the EMC2 configuration for cutting threads?
Thanx a lot for your time and you reply.
Regards,
Martin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2010 12:58 #3303 by BigJohnT
Hi Martin,

Threading requires spindle feedback from an encoder and the index pulse to progress past the start point. To "try" an example use the lathe sim as that provides the needed spindle feedback. It's very hard to tell what your asking from "with the same negative result" as the description of your problem.

John

More
08 Jul 2010 15:44 #3304 by martin
Hi John,

Thanx a lot for your quick reply. I have tried what you recommended and it really works. Great!

I was looking for a machine with the "C" axis and it was only a "professional deformation" because of using the Sinumeric and Fanuc systems.
EMC2 is a wonderful system.

Thanx again and have a nice day,
Martin.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds