Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
19 Apr 2022 16:34 - 19 Apr 2022 16:44 #240666 by spdbmp927
Roy and Scott,  I modified Scotts python file to emulate what is happening when the config is copied from the D block to the E block. I loaded the resulting file into the NVEM using the STM32programmer at 0x080E0000 as Roy suggested. It seems to work, my NVEM is now functional with the JSON binary, and config. I guess I should note that like Roy my NVEM resets every time it gets a TFTP write request. Attached are my working config memory file (bin with txt appended) as well as the modified python script that generated it. just run the script and a new config.bin is created in /tmp. You can then use the programmer to upload it to 0x080E0000. The config.bin is just the original JSON file with the size of the original file appended as the first 4 bytes. Note the first 4 bytes are 1BBA (the JSON file length), and the whole config file is 1BC0 long (6 bytes longer, 4 for the length which was appended, and there are 2 bytes of zeros at the end to make a block of 8.

Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Apr 2022 16:44 by spdbmp927. Reason: clarification
The following user(s) said Thank You: royka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2022 17:38 #240669 by royka
Writing it as bin in the programmer did work First it gave an error
  19:03:53 : Error: failed to download Segment[0]
  19:03:53 : Error: failed to download the File
  19:03:53 : RUNNING Program ...
  19:03:53 :   Address:      : 0x080E0000
  19:03:53 : Application is running, Please Hold on...
  19:03:53 : Start operation achieved successfully
Then I looked if the Write protection was enabled, it was not, but I disabled it, wrote the config bit en then set it back. After that I erased the address after that it uploaded succesfully, not sure which one helped.
Did try write the config.txt as bin before, but chose the wrong address I see, I chose the temporary address. And your file has some zeros added.
Uploading the edited config with your or the original python script does now work however. With your script it gives no error, but after a reboot it still loads your config. The original script still a time out. I did try try to enable and disable the other addresses, with no luck. I edited the config.bin and uploaded that one with the programmer, that works

More
19 Apr 2022 19:55 #240681 by royka
Oops I had to read carefully, now I see the script of spdbmp927 makes a valid bin file to write with the programmer. Scotta maybe it helps to choose another address for the tmp file? Unfortunately I'm getting errors when I try to compile.
Or maybe there is a difference in the option bytes? I don't know if it could make a difference but here are mine:
RDP: AA
BOR_LEV: 3
All the others are checked

More
19 Apr 2022 20:30 #240682 by royka
I'm still getting following errors btw at whatever settings I choose. Disabled the joints 3,4 and 5 and nvmpg in the config, should that make a difference? Could it be the buffer being too big or memory issues? Fortunately I could still use the lpt port, so no high prio for me

More
20 Apr 2022 22:18 #240760 by scotta

The moment it tries to write it restarts it seems.
In stm32cubeprogrammer you could save the memory from the device, maybe I could upload yours with the config included?

tftp receive call back reached

tftp write process reached

Remora-NVEM starting

## Entering SETUP state

1. Loading JSON configuration file from Flash memory
Flash storage location is empty - no config file

2. Parsing JSON configuration file
Config deserialisation - Deserialization failed
Creating thread 40000
Creating thread 1000

4. Loading modules

Creating a std module
Creating an Ethernet communication monitoring module

## Entering START state

Starting the BASE thread
Registering interrupt for interrupt number = 25
        power on Timer 1

timer started

Starting the SERVO thread
Registering interrupt for interrupt number = 28
        power on Timer 2

timer started

## Entering IDLE state

Ok, so the TFTP is failing somewhere as the write request callback is not being triggered for some reason. Could you please try the attached bin which has more debug info output.
Attachments:

More
20 Apr 2022 22:20 #240761 by scotta

I'm still getting following errors btw at whatever settings I choose. Disabled the joints 3,4 and 5 and nvmpg in the config, should that make a difference? Could it be the buffer being too big or memory issues? Fortunately I could still use the lpt port, so no high prio for me

Hi Roy, can you please share all of your config files and I will run your config to see if I can help resolve the following errors for you.

More
20 Apr 2022 22:27 #240762 by royka
## Entering IDLE state

wrq receive callback registered

Remora-NVEM starting

## Entering SETUP state

1. Loading JSON configuration file from Flash memory
Flash storage location is empty - no config file

More
20 Apr 2022 22:52 #240763 by scotta
Hmm, the next step in the code is to erase the flash. Some more debug code added to the bin file.
Attachments:

More
20 Apr 2022 22:52 #240764 by royka
Thank you, it would be nice if you find something.
Attachments:

More
20 Apr 2022 22:57 #240765 by royka

Hmm, the next step in the code is to erase the flash. Some more debug code added to the bin file.

Could it be something with the register or control bits?
www.st.com/resource/en/programming_manua...microelectronics.pdf
## Entering IDLE state

wrq receive callback registered

Flash unlocked

About to erase Flash

Remora-NVEM starting

## Entering SETUP state

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds