Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
29 Mar 2022 19:42 #238639 by Domi
Thank you very much for your answer. Yes, it is a 4-axis NVEM. Cube doesn't work for me either.
- Then compile the hal component "sudo halcompile --install remora-eth.c"
github.com/scottalford75/Remora/tree/fea...omponents/Remora-eth
I do not understand this. What to do about it? Already in Linuxcnc? I use debian buster 10 preemp-rt.
If I can handle these steps then what is the procedure in Linuxcnc? well thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2022 19:50 - 29 Mar 2022 19:57 #238641 by royka
I do not understand this. What to do about it? Already in Linuxcnc?
Yes when booted open a terminal and type:
wget raw.githubusercontent.com/scottalford75/...ora-eth/remora-eth.c
wget raw.githubusercontent.com/scottalford75/...ora-eth/remora-eth.h
sudo halcompile --install remora-eth.c

With these commands you download both files then compile and install the component

When you downloaded the example hal file and changed the names as I descriped then place it in your config folder. In your ini file you have to change the name of your current hal file to remora-eth.hal

From what I understand, if you don't setup the 4th axis in your ini file then you have to comment it out in the hal file, otherwise it will throw an error
Last edit: 29 Mar 2022 19:57 by royka.

More
29 Mar 2022 23:22 #238676 by Domi
wget raw.githubusercontent.com/scottalford75/...ora-eth/remora-eth.c
wget raw.githubusercontent.com/scottalford75/...ora-eth/remora-eth. h
sudo halcompile --install remora-eth.c
I can't download it. I also tried to create a new folder but it doesn't work. Of course I also gave the whole address

More
29 Mar 2022 23:46 - 29 Mar 2022 23:48 #238681 by royka
sudo apt install git
git clone h t t p s://github.com/scottalford75/Remora.git -b feature/ethernet

cd Remora/LinuxCNC/Components/Remora-eth/

Last edit: 29 Mar 2022 23:48 by royka.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Domi

More
29 Mar 2022 23:47 #238682 by tommylight
Try this:
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/scottalford75/Remora/feature/ethernet/LinuxCNC/Components/Remora-eth/remora-eth.c
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/scottalford75/Remora/feature/ethernet/LinuxCNC/Components/Remora-eth/remora-eth.h
then halcompile
The following user(s) said Thank You: royka, Domi

More
30 Mar 2022 00:16 #238684 by Domi
royka: has installed some packages. gstreamer1.0-pulseaudio linux-image-4.19.0-17-rt-amd4
These no longer found.
git clone github.com/scottalford75/Remora.git -b feature / ethernet

cd Remora / LinuxCNC / Components / Remora-eth /
tommylight: Not working :(
I don't know what I'm doing wrong

More
30 Mar 2022 07:05 #238692 by Domi
Hello. That's how I figured it out. It was stupid. I didn't have wget installed. Now I've downloaded those files. Sorry for such mistakes. But before that I used older linuxcnc debian and I didn't have such problems. We can go further: D

More
30 Mar 2022 08:21 #238693 by Domi
I don't see Remor in Linuxcnc. It saved as: cp remora-eth.so / usr / lib / linuxcnc / modules
Where and how should it be placed? How did you download hal? Downloaded as a link to github.com/scottalford75/Remora/blob/feature/ethernet/LinuxCNC/ConfigSamples/remora-eth/remora-eth.hal

More
30 Mar 2022 17:14 - 30 Mar 2022 17:16 #238754 by royka
As I said before with the command "sudo halcompile --install remora-eth.c" you compiled AND INSTALLED the component, done.

In your ini file you tell which hal file to load "remora-eth.hal)
In the hal file "remora-eth.hal" you can see it will load the remora-eth module (which you've already installed).

Why you chose this controller and LinuxCNC?
Last edit: 30 Mar 2022 17:16 by royka.

More
30 Mar 2022 19:35 #238808 by Domi
I expected it to be created by remora-nvem in Linuxcnc. There is nothing there. So should I install axis my mill for example and then make adjustments in ini and hal? Because now I only see HTML files (h and c) in which I can't edit the lines. I don't know how to describe it better. Try attaching a photo or video if you can. Or I'll send a screen as it's downloaded.
It would take a video process from the beginning to the end of the installation and editing in the files. If I run it, I'll probably do it. I feel like a jerk but I'm probably making a mistake again or I don't have anything installed. I'll try to send screens. And sorry for my English. Translator is my best friend.

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds