Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
01 Apr 2022 22:01 #239028 by scotta
There is a learning curve with LinuxCNC. Please see below how a joint is configured and the relationship between the two files.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2022 22:07 - 01 Apr 2022 22:09 #239029 by scotta
On a different topic and for those interested in the ability to upload a config file over ethernet. I have a TFTP upload of the config file working with the NVEM board. Just working through now to get the JSON deserialisation coded. It's a proof of concept of uploading and storing a config file in flash that hopefully can be extended to SPI Remora as well.

For the NVEM board this will mean that the base and servo threads will only need to run step generators and IO that are need. And I'll look to have the ability to configure the thread frequency as well just like the SPI based Remora version. For those who want to test the speed limits...
Last edit: 01 Apr 2022 22:09 by scotta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: royka, Domi

More
01 Apr 2022 22:21 - 01 Apr 2022 22:25 #239031 by Domi
Tak jsem to rozjel. Ale také bez vřetena. A ještě potřebuji reléové výstupy. Chlazení a odsávání. Seřiďte vřeteno, koncové spínače a tak dále. Nevím jak na to, ale doufám, že každý něčím přispěje a bude to funkční a srovnatelné s mesa kartou. + 3D touch probe
Last edit: 01 Apr 2022 22:25 by Domi.

More
01 Apr 2022 22:27 #239032 by scotta

So I got it running. But also without a spindle. And I still need relay outputs. Cooling and extraction. Adjust the spindle, limit switches and so on. I don't know how to do it, but I hope that everyone will contribute something and it will be functional and comparable to the mesa card.

Great to hear! The rest now is doing the HAL "wiring". I'm happy to help here as many will benefit from a pre-configured setup. Remora-NVEM is super new and still being developed so be prepared for some issues as we work through your setup.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Domi

More
01 Apr 2022 22:41 #239033 by Domi
I would also like to download an already configured file: D But if I come up with something, I'll be happy to share it. And so far, thank you especially Roy for your help and you for going to remora-nvem. So that it goes as it should.

More
05 Apr 2022 20:14 #239378 by Domi
Hello. Does anyone have anything new? I just looked at the input pins
  via Hal Configurate / watch which I have involved. But I don't know how he went on to write Hal and Ini.
Input pin 0: Estop
                  1: Probe
                  2: Proximty sensor. For example, X
                  3: Y
                  4: Z
                  5: Probe Alarm
And then when the 3D touch comes on In6. And I don't know how to turn it on and test the relay outputs. And pins 24 and 25 are still on, but I don't know what they mean. 
Attachments:

More
05 Apr 2022 20:20 #239380 by Domi
I have all NC type components, except for Estop and the consumption is still 0.08A with 24V power supply

More
05 Apr 2022 20:43 #239385 by Domi
And it's interesting that I can't turn on linuxcnc if I don't have a driver and motor connected. I have closse loop stepper motors.

More
06 Apr 2022 00:41 #239407 by cakeslob
Hey domi, it looks like you have the hardware stuff working, so now its mostly configuration, which is more linuxcnc than specific to remora. This will require more reading into general linuxcnc concepts.
Have a read into the hal basics
linuxcnc.org/docs/stable/html/hal/basic-hal.html
and the remora specific hal documents
remora-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/sof...dstops-home-switches

Can you upload your configuration files? or are you just using this one ? github.com/scottalford75/Remora/tree/fea...igSamples/remora-eth

More
06 Apr 2022 06:16 #239415 by Domi
Well thank you. I will study. So only work in the remora-eth.hal file so far? And I will rewrite my pins in the files of remora halls?

Time to create page: 0.299 seconds