Learning LinuxCNC video series

More
18 Sep 2015 19:36 - 18 Sep 2015 19:40 #62745 by LearningLinuxCNC
I decided that I would start a Youtube channel that is all about LinuxCNC. I will be posting video tutorials of some common tasks and going over some of the larger and seemingly more confusing topics that go along with LinuxCNC. I also plan on putting up some informative reviews of different items that I am using with LinuxCNC so that others can make more educated purchases.

I took some liberty and modified the LinuxCNC logo for my channel by changing the text below Chip and putting a graduation cap on him signifying that he is learning about the features of the software. If this is not legit let me know and I will gladly change the logo to something different. If I need to put a particular credit in the videos and on the channel then I am happy to do that also.

I am also going to try and make my channel a go to for LinuxCNC videos. Keep in mind I am not monetizing my channel in the spirit of LinuxCNC. I will link to other videos on my channel so that we can try to keep all of the good LinuxCNC videos in one place. So if you have a good video out there let me know and I will link it to the Learning LinuxCNC channel.

So for the first videos. Drum roll please!

I have mentioned that I was going to publish a video review of the touch probe that I am using. Well here are the first two installments of the video series on the touch probe. I should have the third and final video out by the end of the weekend.

The first video is an unboxing and dis-assembly video of the probe showing how it arrives and the parts that comes with it. Also shows how to properly dis-assemble the probe for repair.

The second video is about setting the touch probe up so the tip runs concentric in your spindle.

I know the videography is less than perfect but it is more about the info. Videography to improve on subsequent attempts (Cant get much worse!)
Last edit: 18 Sep 2015 19:40 by LearningLinuxCNC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike_Eitel, BigJohnT, aer73, pommen, smc.collins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2015 19:49 #62809 by LearningLinuxCNC
The third video in the touch probe series is now available on YouTube. If you have any questions about the touch probe that I have not answered in the videos let me know and I will address them. If I have enough additional questions then I can make a fourth video answering them.

The following user(s) said Thank You: aer73, Joebmh

More
17 Dec 2015 23:04 #67114 by rjshust
I watched your video. It was very helpful for a noob like me (I also subscribed to your channel).

For those of us who have very little experience with customizing Linuxcnc, it would be very helpful if you could start with a clean install of Linuxcncfor for a machine, and go through an install of the touch probe software from start to finish.

Thank you for effort on this.
Rob

More
18 Dec 2015 13:21 #67127 by LearningLinuxCNC
Rob,

I have a CNC router that is currently running on Mach3. I am planning to start a conversion to LinuxCNC in January. The plan is to document the entire conversion and many other topics on this channel. I have been busy building the workshop to house my machines so I have had little time to actually work on the machines. The workshop is nearing completion and the mill and router are already moved to the new home. Hopefully I will get the lathe moved this weekend.

I am glad the videos were helpful.

More to come. . .

Jim
The following user(s) said Thank You: keyboard

More
09 Mar 2016 22:44 #71291 by LearningLinuxCNC
I finally had time to do some video editing. I have posted a new video going over my machines and what I plan to do in the video series. I have footage for two more videos getting into the very basics of starting with LinuxCNC. I should get them posted in the next week or two.

The following user(s) said Thank You: aer73, popshot1190, Amedee, DanMN

More
12 Mar 2016 21:53 #71508 by LearningLinuxCNC
Here is the latest video in the series. This one is about building a simple PC for running LinuxCNC.

Obviously you don't have to build a PC to run LinuxCNC but I did for my router so here is the PC build.

More
15 Mar 2016 11:53 #71674 by gizmo6023
Can you please post a link to your channel, the embedded videos do not show up on my browser :huh:

More
15 Mar 2016 12:08 #71676 by LearningLinuxCNC
gizmo

Here is the link to the channel.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCrwn2uKl16pnC-GMgB75Cag

Jim

More
25 Apr 2016 12:15 #73842 by LearningLinuxCNC
One more video to add to the series. This one covers installation of LinuxCNC from downloading the ISO to making a bootable flash drive to completing the installation.

Sorry the audio is still not the best. I am working on coming up with a better audio recording setup.

The following user(s) said Thank You: SLough

More
07 Nov 2016 08:29 #82528 by 5axisormore
I found this to be a good little series. My experience level is fairly advanced on the machine side, but modest in some of the electronics. I hope you keep doing these.

Moderators: HansU
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds