Tool length table

More
19 Oct 2016 21:29 #81871 by Spectre
Tool length table was created by Spectre
Is there or can someone please write up a step by step and operation proceedure for setting up the tool length and how to do it in V2.7.7 please. All the documentation I have read so far does not conform to the current version or is way too difficult to understand

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2016 17:40 #81895 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Tool length table
Lathe or Mill?

You can remove un-needed columns from the tool editor view, that makes it look simpler.

More
20 Oct 2016 21:41 #81903 by Spectre
Replied by Spectre on topic Tool length table
Its a 3 axis mill. I found a video on youtube about setting tool lengths in Lcnc. It doesnt give a really good explanation but its workable so when I get back home I will try it. I am away now for a few days. This is the last thing I really need to tie down and then everything will be working really well

More
20 Oct 2016 21:44 #81904 by Spectre
here is the video....tool table and tool length videos for Lcnc are pretty much non existant

More
22 Oct 2016 22:26 #81942 by BigJohnT

More
23 Oct 2016 01:42 #81945 by Spectre
Hi Big John

I found that last week and tried it but this is either out of date with versions or is wrong. My V2.7.7 does not have anything like what is described in the drop down box that says "Press the Touch Off button and select T Tool Table from the drop down list box for Coordinate System.Setting the Tool Table Offsets" My version does not have T Tool Table in the co-ordinate drop down box

Go to the DRO tab and verify that there are no offsets in place for G92

Load the tool

Manual tool change put the tool in the spindle and do a Tn M6 G43 where n is the tool number in the MDI window.

Tool changer just do a Tn M6 G43 in the MDI tab to load the tool.

Verify that Machine > Touch off to fixture is selected.

Jog the tool to the fixture point and using the dowel method position the Z end of the tool.

Verify that the Z axis radio button is the selected axis in the Manual Control Tab

Press the Touch Off button and select T Tool Table from the drop down list box for Coordinate System.

Leave the number at 0.0 and press OK

Using the above procedure set the rest of the tools making sure to have the correct diameter and in the case of the lathe the orientation of the tool.

More
23 Oct 2016 08:16 #81949 by Spectre
I used the method described in this video..which mind you is the only one I found on the subject for LCNC and voila it worked. I used my Haimer 3D to set the Z0 for my Tool 0 off the fixture and then used the Z axis to measure all the tool lengths and then used the tool table edit feature to add the Z offsets that I measured from the DRO on the screen. I then did all the job touch offs for the 3 axis and ran a program using 4 different tools doing 4 manual tool changes and it all worked extremely well. Maybe this sort of explanation could be added to the main documentation for LCNC.

Mark

Moderators: HansU
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds