what is the irc?

More
23 Nov 2011 01:23 #15033 by jy76
what is the irc? was created by jy76
what is the irc?, i have mach3 and it does not support a fifth axis if anyone is using emc to run a five ax let me know. also not a standard 5 ax but rotary table with a pivoting spindle thanks jeremy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2011 09:10 #15041 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Re:what is the irc?
Hi

The IRC is basically a chat room used by emc developers largely.

Use the google search left side of the page and enter 5 axis or 5th axis and you will get lots of hits.
Ignore the windows spam, the links are still valid.
This one was near the top www.linuxcnc.org/component/option,com_ku...id,7292/lang,french/
(it is not in french)

I think emc can support 9 axes max, it certainly will do 5.
When you have looked at what others have done, if your setup differs, someone like Andy will be able to advise specifically how you can achieve the controls you require for your particular geometry.

regards

More
23 Nov 2011 11:39 #15046 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:what is the irc?
jy76 wrote:

if anyone is using emc to run a five ax let me know. also not a standard 5 ax but rotary table with a pivoting spindle

Like this one?

it is very easy to support up to 9 axes in EMC2 in such a way that the axes move according to XYZABCUVW words in the G-code. In that case your CAM software does all the calculations.

However, EMC2 supports kinematics too, and that is what that video is deomstrating. Using 5axiskins you can set an XYZ position of the tool-tip, then specify the angle you want the axis of the tool to make to the work, and the XYZ motions will automatically change to keep the tool at the same point on the work, by automatically changing the XYZ. I think that the machine being demonstrated can drill angled holes (by coordinated movements in XYZBC) by G-code which specifies W-axis moves.

More
23 Nov 2011 22:56 #15065 by jy76
Replied by jy76 on topic Re:what is the irc?
similar but im intending on putting a rivett bench top lathe on my table then driving it with a cog belt with stepper and brake somewhat like tormach does. and with 9 axis capability i could also use the lathe by locng my mill spindle and i would get a powerful lathe and a five axis mill. already have the lathe the mill and the linux box sounds like i need to get some motion control components and get to working on this thanx jeremy

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds