Cant select anything other than page1 after search

More
11 Mar 2011 21:55 #7738 by Pilotltd
Subject says it all. Can't select pages 2 onwards in search results. Always refreshes back to page1?

Tried with Mozilla and Internet Explorer 8.

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2011 11:42 #7745 by BigJohnT
That's two things that are broken on the forum and I'm not able to fix them. I have alerted the developers.

John

More
12 Mar 2011 15:19 #7753 by Pilotltd

More
19 Aug 2011 03:38 #12606 by aaa
I am experiencing this problem and many others in all of my different browsers. I'm sick of the blank pages, this forum is generally unusable.
You are lucky to have people actually posting on here with the forum in such a condition!

More
19 Aug 2011 10:56 #12613 by andypugh
aaa wrote:

I am experiencing this problem and many others in all of my different browsers. I'm sick of the blank pages, this forum is generally unusable

It is certainly very annoying, and possibly linked to the way that many search terms come up with pirate software spam.
You can normally get the pages to load by clicking into the address bar and pressing enter. Sometimes it helps to delete the /lang,klingon/ (or whatever) tag from the end of the URL.

You are lucky to have people actually posting on here with the forum in such a condition!

If people didn't post here I would have a lot more spare time to work on my own machines. Perhaps you haven't noticed that everybody does this for free?

More
20 Aug 2011 16:43 - 21 Aug 2011 11:10 #12634 by ArcEye
Hi

The site has been taken down today (Sat 20th Aug) and now the Google search of the site (left hand top side of page) works properly without spam inserted.

The Google search is better because it will search the LinuxCnc.org documents and wiki as well

It is intermittently unavailable, so obviously some work still going on.

Thank you to the site maintainers

(The actual Search Forum function has not worked properly for some time and still doesn't, but that is another issue.)

regards

PS

Well the google search is almost spam free, a few like this still, but it is usable

Adobe Photoshop 2009 Free Download — Discount -191% price off
building my first Hal component 4 Months, 3 Weeks ago, Karma: 1 ... I looked for emc2/src/hal/components but the /src/hal/components did not exist so I ...
www.linuxcnc.org/component/option,com_ku...mid,20/.../catid,24/
Last edit: 21 Aug 2011 11:10 by ArcEye.

More
01 Oct 2011 22:57 #13589 by captain chaos
I've had the same problem and switched search engines from Google to Bing and thankfully no problems since.

More
10 Oct 2011 21:35 #13818 by captain chaos
The same thing has now cropped up on Bing

More
10 Oct 2011 22:02 - 10 Oct 2011 22:04 #13819 by cmorley
when the page comes up blank try deleting the last backslash on the address

this works if you are using the 'search forum' button in the forum
Last edit: 10 Oct 2011 22:04 by cmorley.

More
22 Oct 2011 05:05 #14096 by captain chaos
Thanks for that, removing the last / allows me to search but if I want to go to the next page of the search list, removing the last / returns me to page 1

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds