Can I have a ONE AXIS cnc machine config?

More
13 Jul 2010 18:39 #3343 by ichudov
I am retrofitting a Bridgeport Series II Interact 2 to EMC.

I have wired one axis with a servo drive, tach feedback, and a US Digital encoder.

What I would like to do, if possible, is to wire the servo motor and encoder on ONE AXIS ONLY and then try to debug as much as possible (encoders, soft limits, limit switches, homing, tuning etc), before turning my attention to other two axes.

That way, any possible mistakes I will make in only one place instead of three.

And my question is, does EMC support a "one axis CNC" machine configuration?

Thanks

i

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2010 22:06 #3345 by robh
it should be no problem todo,

in
[TRAJ] Section
AXES = n

One more than the number of the highest joint number in the system. For an XYZ machine, the joints are numbered 0, 1 and 2; in this case AXES should be 3. For an XYUV machine using "trivial kinematics", the V joint is numbered 7 and therefore AXES should be 8. For a machine with nontrivial kinematics (e.g., scarakins) this will generally be the number of controlled joints.

COORDINATES =
= X Y Z The names of the axes being controlled. X, Y, Z, A, B, C, U, V, and W are all valid. Only axis named in COORDINATES are accepted in g-code. This has no effect on the mapping from G-code axis names (X- Y- Z-) to joint numbers--for "trivial kinematics", X is always joint 0, A is always joint 4, and U is always joint 7, and so on. It is permitted to write an axis name twice (e.g., X Y Y Z for a gantry machine) but this has no effect.

see the intergrater manual for more options etc as im sure there are some i have missed

should get you started
rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds