Automated Spindle Speed Setting

More
21 Sep 2010 11:10 - 21 Sep 2010 11:18 #4268 by inoxix
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the spindle speed setting in EMC.
Is it possible to get the required spindle speed as a digital value out of EMC to apply some logic to it either for instructing the operator or set the gearbox automatically?

In my case, I have a CNC lathe form 1977 with dual speed motor, motor controlled variator gear and a fixed reduction gear box. I would like to control these elements with EMC.
The same problem appears if you have to change the gears manually and you like to prompt the operator to change gears and let it acknowledge.

Any idea how to do this in EMC?

Regards
Tom
Last edit: 21 Sep 2010 11:18 by inoxix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2010 15:10 #4273 by andypugh
inoxix wrote:

Is it possible to get the required spindle speed as a digital value out of EMC to apply some logic to it either for instructing the operator or set the gearbox automatically?

Yes, it is available in HAL and is the input to the spindle speed PWM input.
motion.spindle-speed-out

In my case, I have a CNC lathe form 1977 with dual speed motor, motor controlled variator gear and a fixed reduction gear box. I would like to control these elements with EMC.

There is a HAL component for this.
www.linuxcnc.org/docview/html//man/man9/gearchange.9.html
and
wiki.linuxcnc.org/emcinfo.pl?CustomMcodesToHal
Is another part of the puzzle, I suspect.

The same problem appears if you have to change the gears manually and you like to prompt the operator to change gears and let it acknowledge.
Any idea how to do this in EMC?

For the manual version, I would use a custom M-code before the spindle speed request in the G-code to bring up a prompt in a programming language of my choice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds