no luck with simulation

More
11 Oct 2010 22:36 #4627 by miker
Very excited to get ECM2 installed and running with no troubles. Going through the manual now but in the mean time tried out the simulation with no luck. Loading any file and running always fails. Constant 'Program exceeds machine maximum on axiz Z'. You would think one simulation would work nothing. If any one could help it would be great.

Thanks,
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2010 23:35 #4628 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:no luck with simulation
What sim are you trying? If it is Axis Sim and your trying to run the splash file then read the first few lines of the file...

John

More
11 Oct 2010 23:41 #4629 by miker
Replied by miker on topic Re:no luck with simulation
Every sim in the example folder fails when loaded and ran.

More
12 Oct 2010 00:42 #4630 by miker
The first few say to 'Touch Off the Z axis'. I did this but it did not seem to work. None of the simulations will work. Homing all axis, touching off the z axis all end in fail. The simulation bot in another window never ever moves. Please help. If it could even draw a simple line then I could build from there. At least something.

More
12 Oct 2010 10:16 #4634 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Re:no luck with simulation
To strat EMC you should hit the estop button, then turn the machine on (hit F1 then F2) then home each Axis the dro will show they have been homed. Then try a program or jog around.

Loading any file and running always fails. Constant 'Program exceeds machine maximum on axiz Z'. You would think one simulation would work nothing.

In the ini file for each AXIS there is a MIN_LIMIT and a MAX_LIMIT edit these to the proper size of your machine. EMC is telling you the dimensions of the work in the file you want to load is larger than the work area.
In your case it appears your Z axis does not have enough travel.

Rick G

More
12 Oct 2010 12:27 #4637 by miker
Thanks again for the help. I'll try homing each axis and possibly editing the ini file if there is one for the simulator. I guess the frustrating part is that ror the simulator I'm not sure if or where or what MIN_LIMIT or MAX_LIMIT sizes should be, what the work area size is or how much travel the Z axis has.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds