Augmented reality to EMC2

More
07 Mar 2011 10:31 #7615 by Vider
Hello Friends,

As I coment few days ago I'm starting with emc2, actualy I'm developing a "very cool" module to add augmented reality to the mill, I've developed the routines using OpenCV, that is full portable to linux, I'm planing to do a plug-in with mach3, but, now, I think that will be a good start point to start to contributing EMC2,

I have little time, I need to go straigh ;), I need to know how to connect with the emc2 kernel to read and send offsets/homing etc, the equivalent in windows will be a COM interface to mach3, but I don't know how this is managed in linux, may any one help me??

Here are a little shots of my toy and my hand:

Camera an teorical tool position:

Calibration card:
File Attachment:

Image already calibrated:
File Attachment:

Measuring points with the mouse:
File Attachment:

Homografy or "birds view" generated from the perspective:
File Attachment:

Regards,
Rey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2011 13:36 #7616 by andypugh
Vider wrote:

I need to know how to connect with the emc2 kernel to read and send offsets/homing etc, the equivalent in windows will be a COM interface to mach3, but I don't know how this is managed in linux, may any one help me

I am not sure that I fully understand the question, but you might be able to do what you want with a combination of
halcmd: linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man1/halcmd.1.html
and halui: linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man1/halui.1.html

Alternatively perhaps emcrsh is what you need: wiki.linuxcnc.org/emcinfo.pl?Emcrsh

It might even be that you need to use the NML interface. I don't know anything about that.
The structure of EMC2 is described here:
wiki.linuxcnc.org/emcinfo.pl?EMC_Components

More
07 Mar 2011 15:04 - 07 Mar 2011 15:04 #7617 by Vider
Replied by Vider on topic Re:Augmented reality to EMC2
Thanks for the info,

For nowI only want to set homing and position to the GUI's when I click on my windows, but I'm trying to do it directly to the emc core, just to not to program a interface to every gui,

I think that a must do a program to run on HAL, capable to set propierties to other HAL modules, because this, at end like another encoders, (virtual but an encoder)

Thanks for all
Last edit: 07 Mar 2011 15:04 by Vider.

More
10 Mar 2011 14:13 #7686 by Vider
Replied by Vider on topic Re:Augmented reality to EMC2
I found that emcrsh will be perfect to read/set position in emc2

Regards

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds