EMC2 is great! Next project: CAM ??

More
20 Mar 2011 20:04 #7952 by andypugh
If you don't have home switches, and if the axis limits have enough space in the negative directions, then you can do exactly what you describe, setting zero with the "home" button.
In effect, that means you are machining in the G53 (machine) coordinate system. (actually, you are probably in G54 system, but that is probably identical to G53 at the moment).

You might find you have a problem if you do use "touch-off" at any point. That offsets the working system from the machine system. Once there is an offset you will find that "home" no longer zeros the onscreen system, it will set it to be equal to the offset.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2011 20:12 - 20 Mar 2011 20:15 #7953 by AssassinXCV
check the edited portion of my previous post.

John; what you said ^^^, does that mean that EMC wont moved my machine, but is just moving the Virtual Machine's reference point of zero?
Last edit: 20 Mar 2011 20:15 by AssassinXCV.

More
20 Mar 2011 20:48 #7954 by BigJohnT
If you don't have homing set up in the ini file EMC sets the current location to the Axis 0. The back plot will move but the machine will not when you press home. I used to think like you are thinking but have come away from the Dark Side and now follow what I and Andy suggested on machines without homing switches and use the actual G54 coordinate system to touch off the material however you want.

John

More
20 Mar 2011 21:20 #7955 by AssassinXCV
Thanks for your help guys.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds