Joint following error

More
01 Apr 2011 07:29 - 01 Apr 2011 07:30 #8365 by zeeshaninsight
I am using EMC2 with motenc motion control card. Sometimes machines run quite good, but sometimes iam facing two problems.

1. Axis stop but spindle still running during machining.
2. Secondly, when i manually jog machine or try to send machine on home position it gives "joint1 following error". Sometimes it gives "jointo following error".

Can anyone help me out on that issue. Please find the ini file in attachment

File Attachment:

File Name: motenc-956...0743.zip
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Apr 2011 07:30 by zeeshaninsight.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2011 08:18 #8367 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic Re:Joint following error
at a guess , if the machine is running fine , and then it gives joint errors etc , you may have a number of points to look at

firstly this could be noting more than electrical noise entering the system through the limit switch wiring , or you are directly switching limits without any pullup resistors on the switches
so to cover the first problem Noise ! ... do you have your limit switch cables screened and seperate from your motor drive cables , it is best to screen any input signal cables for this reason .

also is it always the same switch giving problems , this could point to nothing more than a faulty switch .

you say also the motor stays running , depending on how this is wired this could happen , do you have a spindle enable relay ? ,
or charge pump fitted .

also this type of problem can also be attributed to Bad Earth wiring or earth loops

if you can give us some more information on the setup and how it's wired , we can try and narrow it down
in the meantime i'll look at your configuration files , but i would say it does seem more electrical related

does the pc lock up at the same time ? by any chance

Dave

More
01 Apr 2011 08:26 #8368 by cncbasher
looking at your config , the ferror values do seem to be quite low on the 2nd and third axis , try increasing them , also check your tuning

More
01 Apr 2011 08:30 #8369 by zeeshaninsight
Recently i change the pc for the machine. Before changing the pc the joint follwoing error comes when i try to jog x-axis now after changing the pc it happens in y-axis.
Further i will tell after trying your instructions and will give the details as you asked. Thankyou for your time.

More
01 Apr 2011 21:35 #8377 by Zig
Replied by Zig on topic Re:Joint following error
Couple of issues.

In your config you do not have HOME label only = 0 0 0 make sure Your runing file does have a HOME statement.

If the change in PC caused a change in behaviour check the latency of Your PC and make sure You are configuring the machine with latency figure in mind.

Your FOLLOWING ERRORs are not set correctly. You will have to set them up experimentally ONLY AFTER you have gone through the tuning of the PID loops.

More
03 Apr 2011 08:39 #8408 by zeeshaninsight
I checked all the wirings, connections and switches, now the joint following error gone. But now i am facing another problem that during machining the machine pause exactly after two minutes. When i resume it will again pause after two minutes. What is this?

More
03 Apr 2011 09:18 #8409 by cncbasher
check your pc power conservation / screen saver settings , such as hibernation and hard drive power down etc
do not have any power saving modes enabled .

More
03 Apr 2011 10:37 #8411 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Re:Joint following error
Hello,

Perhaps you should try running the latency test again for a longer period of time.

Rick G

More
04 Apr 2011 05:59 #8442 by zeeshaninsight
Dear All,

Sorry for misunderstanding of my problem. I have studied the entire problem in detail and now I am going to share this with all of you… The problem is just as given below.

When I start the machine and run it in auto mode the machine run well in the start but after some time (which is different all the times) all axis stop their movement without raising any sort of alarm neither on the software nor on hardware (drives), the spindle motor keeps on running (although I have connected the spindle motor with software I/O), the machine look like in pause condition, but the status on the software screen is “RUNNING”. The problem is not solved even I have reinstall the software and change the whole computer too. Please help me to solve my problem.

** The problem appears only in Auto Mode**

Best regards,

More
04 Apr 2011 11:03 #8459 by zeeshaninsight
Sorry for misunderstanding of my problem. I have studied the entire problem in detail and now I am going to share this with all of you… The problem is just as given below.

When I start the machine and run it in auto mode the machine run well in the start but after some time (which is different all the times) all axis stop their movement without raising any sort of alarm neither on the software nor on hardware (drives), the spindle motor keeps on running (although I have connected the spindle motor with software I/O), the machine look like in pause condition, but the status on the software screen is “RUNNING”. The problem is not solved even I have reinstall the software and change the whole computer too. Please help me to solve my problem.

** The problem appears only in Auto Mode**

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds