AXIS crashes the X server

More
09 Jan 2010 04:20 #1479 by cprhodin
Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem where simultaneously running a 3D X application (glxgears, AXIS) and a realtime application (latency-test, AXIS) causes the X server to die. gdm will then immediately display a login screen. I'm using an old Cirrus VGA card without 3D acceleration hardware. Is this a problem familiar to anyone? I thought that older non-accelerated VGA cards were less likely to have problems.

Thanks,

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2010 13:24 #1481 by BigJohnT
I don't think you should run latency test and EMC at the same time.

John

More
10 Jan 2010 01:18 #1482 by cprhodin
What I meant was any legal combination of gl and RTAI applications, like glxgears and latency-test or AXIS by itself. If I run an RTAI application like latency-test without a gl application or a gl application like glxgears without an RTAI application I experiance no problems.

In any case, it looks like the problem was only exposed with the combination gl library, video driver, and RTAI I have on my system. After doing some more searching I found mention of a different problem that was solved by changing the mesa libraries. By default Debian had installed "libgl1-mesa-glx", after changing that to "libgl1-mesa-swx11" my crash problem disappeared. Or, at least it hasn't happened again in the past 12 hours.

Chris

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds