CNC Plasma cutters, DIY, building info and guide

More
03 Jan 2020 10:29 #153882 by rodw
Nah, you just need to use the pendant I use and program a button to resume and a button to pulse the torch. I'm not sure of the maximum range but it works anywhere in my shop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2020 10:33 #153884 by thefabricator03
I have been thinking of setting up a virtual machine on the plasma computer with a web cam mounted on my cabinet, that way I can control the interface from my workstation in my office.

More
03 Jan 2020 11:24 #153886 by tommylight
Mesa 7i73 + 100m STP CAT6 cable = realtime control of the machine
And use VNC or a camera over the machine to have a visual overview.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw, thefabricator03

More
01 Sep 2020 07:38 #180269 by machinedude
i just happen to come across this cheap cnc plasma cutter. not for a commercial use but might be a cheap entry level option? i know nothing of quality about the machine this is just something i came across.

www.aliexpress.com/item/32947233617.html...02_,searchweb201603_

More
01 Sep 2020 08:03 #180271 by rodw

i just happen to come across this cheap cnc plasma cutter. not for a commercial use but might be a cheap entry level option? i know nothing of quality about the machine this is just something i came across.

www.aliexpress.com/item/32947233617.html...02_,searchweb201603_

I mentioned this one in the plasma primer but since then somebody on Plasmaspider said it was junk, had no support from the vendor and he threw it out. See:
plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=307...ilit=herocut#p188060

More
01 Sep 2020 08:25 #180274 by machinedude
shame they can't get the quality control under control :) looked promising for a supper cheap entry level unit. but i stand corrected i guess :)

More
01 Sep 2020 08:33 #180275 by rodw

shame they can't get the quality control under control :) looked promising for a supper cheap entry level unit. but i stand corrected i guess :)

Yes I agree. I was quite excited about this machine when it was first mentioned.

I think a lot of people see super cheap plasma cutters and get excited about building a CNC plasma cutter.

But the fact remains, its not really an entry level sport. Some guys in this forum have done an amazing job getting cheap machines up and running but I still think you should wait until you can afford a machine with a CNC port and its hard to find one cheaper than an Everlast but they are not available in all markets.. But then I sold my Everlast so what does that say?

More
01 Sep 2020 08:37 #180276 by machinedude
i was wondering if the plasma units had something like the tig welders to start the arc? i seen a video on someone having trouble with getting the arc started on tig welder and the problem ended up just being the protective coating on the circuit board above dripping down from above onto what looked like a set of points that starts the arc for welding.

was just curious about what's under the cover on a plasma unit since you always see the 3 in 1 machines that are a stick tig and plasma unit all in one.

More
01 Sep 2020 10:00 #180288 by tommylight
There are 2 or 3 users of this forum that use ShtahlWerk plasma cutters with good results,
www.stahlwerk-schweissgeraete.de/CUT-70
More power and less money with decent quality. They have up 160A. Seriously considering getting the 70A one for 500 Euro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shpatb

More
01 Sep 2020 12:16 #180325 by machinedude
7 year warranty is probably the longest i have seen. that's great as long as they stand behind it. i will have to look better over that site. i can't do more than a 50A unit. i don't have the 3 phase electric. i have no idea what cost would be for myself or shipping this far :) the single phase units don't seem to be set up for CNC from what i could tell so they would require some extra work to make work.

i'm guess this is a German company?

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds