2+2+3 More Plasma builds, double the joy ! 3X2M and 2.5X1.5M cnc plasma build.

More
22 Mar 2020 03:42 - 22 Mar 2020 03:43 #161063 by rodw

Waiting for some L shaped aluminum, 80X40X8mm, it is about 3KM far from me but it is 3.5M long so it wont fit in my car, i did try.

Tommy, I thought you were the master of innovation. Just wind the windows down, stick the material on the roof and tie it on with some rope (or straps if you have them. A couple of pillows from your favourite lounge chair might protect the paint a bit!
Last edit: 22 Mar 2020 03:43 by rodw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2020 12:56 #161094 by tommylight
I would, but the main problem is that the guy that has that in his shop might be infected, so to much risk for now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
23 Mar 2020 18:26 #161240 by machinedude

I would, but the main problem is that the guy that has that in his shop might be infected, so to much risk for now.

no joke with this virus pandemic. they have the entire state where i live locked down pretty tight. restricted work to just medical and infrastructure related and just put restrictions in place for travel. your only allowed to go to work if you have papers from the government and only allowed to travel to get supplies needed for home. that's it.

More
23 Mar 2020 18:43 #161241 by tommylight
Same here.
Doom eternal sound like a really good idea right now ! :)

More
23 Mar 2020 18:55 #161246 by machinedude

Same here.
Doom eternal sound like a really good idea right now ! :)

i can't even get a extended vacation during an apocalypse it seems :) . leave it to me to have a job that is important enough to stay open during this mess :)

More
23 Mar 2020 19:07 #161250 by tommylight
Blame the horoscope as everyone else is blaming the poor little virus ! :)

More
23 Mar 2020 19:22 #161255 by rodw

no joke with this virus pandemic. they have the entire state where i live locked down pretty tight. restricted work to just medical and infrastructure related and just put restrictions in place for travel. your only allowed to go to work if you have papers from the government and only allowed to travel to get supplies needed for home. that's it.

I am expecting this here in Australia very shortly. There has been confusion between our state and federal governments. All hotels, cafes etc were shut down yesterday. All state borders are closed. The feds want schools to stay open. One state has closed them. Last night they said that our ICU beds will be full when we have 45,000 cases which is expected by 10 April.

More
23 Mar 2020 20:52 #161279 by machinedude
Rod that's how it started here. at first it was just the places where you would see a gathering of people. the schools were actually one of the first place to get shut down here. about a week after that it went to all non essential businesses.Machine shops are on the closed list here unless it is a medical related business that does the work in house or requests to the government that they need suppliers like the shop i work at. about a week or less after that the travel restrictions started.

the sad part is all this has just begun to happen here and we have not even seen anything close to what is coming most likely. so how much worse thing will get is up in the air right now.

More
25 Mar 2020 00:28 #161384 by tommylight

More snow, everything is shut down, police told me twice today to go home !
All looks like a bad movie, and it got from +23 to -4 degrees C in an evening so messed up my ability to withstand cold, so i can not work much. That is not good. Living with chronic sinusitis since i was 17, so am trying to avoid headaches as much as possible, running up and down the stairs, doing pushups, eating popcorn, etc.
And it was such a nice a warm winter ! :)
Will try to get something done tomorrow, if at all possible.
Regards, and stay safe.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, Clive S

More
25 Apr 2020 21:10 #165577 by tommylight
Finally got some small ALU parts to continue working on this.
Today i made two belt reductions for the smaller of the two machines, one on each side, so here are some pictures, and a video of it moving.
Warning : No jokes about the machine laying on it's back, it is upside down, with feet's up and everything.
-
Almost finished assembly of the reduction, will add a proximity sensor and tidy up the wiring. The white belt is 15mm wide and there will be one on each side, so way more than is needed for moving 30 to 40 KG around.

And here is the reduction from above, 1:3, GT2 belt.

And here is a video of it moving at 15meters per minute with some cheap drives. Tomorrow i might get the big Lam Technologie drives to see if i can bend something! The gantry is there just to keep the linear bearing from moving sideways.

Stay tuned.....
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, Clive S

Time to create page: 0.357 seconds