2+2+3 More Plasma builds, double the joy ! 3X2M and 2.5X1.5M cnc plasma build.

More
27 Jun 2020 04:08 #172834 by machinedude
that's a pretty neat concept for a drive i have been looking at the roller pinion racks the last few days. both systems seem to have some serious speed and acceleration potential. i just wonder how much force they can both exert before they start to fail in that respect? i don't think it matters to much with a plasma or process that does not have much forces exerted on the load but was curious for other applications.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2020 11:23 #172847 by tommylight
I did see roller pinion when it got out, but the prices were higher than a THK ballscrew so i never bothered with it again, it also does not last as long as THK and can ot withstand the forces the THK can and makes huge amounts of noise while moving etc.
"servo belt" (nothing servo about it) is simple to make (buying it is also extremely expensive for what it is) it is quiet and works as advertised.

More
27 Jun 2020 11:37 #172850 by machinedude
the roller pinion racks can be made a lot cheaper than what they sell for they are not to involved as far as materials to make them goes. i just seen one for the first time a few days ago and was obsessed with the mechanics of how they work. been playing around with the design of them in fusion with some animation of models to see how the geometry works. not as easy as i first thought but if i play with it some more it will come together for me. just another distraction i seem to be fixated on at the moment :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
12 Jul 2020 16:36 #174404 by tommylight
Sorry guys, been busy building this:

Alone!
Attachments:

More
12 Jul 2020 17:06 #174407 by shpatb
make sure u get them static formulas right otherwise its gonna collapse, :laugh: ,
nice work!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
12 Jul 2020 17:21 #174408 by tommylight

make sure u get them static formulas right otherwise its gonna collapse, :laugh: ,
nice work!!

I did:
This should hold.... move on :)
That is about all the static calculations i did.

More
16 Jul 2020 12:19 #174838 by thefabricator03

Alone!

Are you extending your workshop Tom? I have a bunch of (for one reason or another) not used galvanized I beam columns you can have if you need them. Shipping cost from Australia might be a problem tho.

More
16 Jul 2020 12:29 #174839 by tommylight

Alone!

Are you extending your workshop Tom? I have a bunch of (for one reason or another) not used galvanized I beam columns you can have if you need them. Shipping cost from Australia might be a problem tho.

Yes, unfortunately i can not extend it with concrete and bricks as the rest of it as it might get demolished next spring, by the looks of it, with the house and everything, to make space for new buildings.
Thank you very much for the offer, but shipping to Kosovo will cost much more than buying new.
That is where i will have to put these two new machines, outside in the cold ... or hot as it can get over 40 degree C here during summer. 2 or 3 years ago the temperature was -27 at night for over a month, and the lowest i remember was -38, caused some trees to crack !

More
16 Jul 2020 12:35 #174840 by tommylight
Btw i did mount the beams, alone:

I am a stubborn P.O.Sh. i hate asking for help.
Those are 5.2M long, but was quite easy to get them up, lift the heavy side first then the lighter side while climbing the ladders.
Attachments:

More
16 Jul 2020 12:37 #174841 by thefabricator03
They look good. Did you weld them with a stick welder? Or drag a MIG up there?

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds