Ver 3.1.3.10 Screen won't re-size

More
19 Sep 2021 12:49 #221083 by rider-83
The error message hasn't returned since my last post, but I will list it here when it does.

My biggest problem right now is that machine is unusable because I can't resize the screen to access certain icons to change modes etc, and therefor can't develop the lathe much further. I'm trying to test my spindle encoder using 'missing-teeth' but it eludes me right now because if this frustrating silly issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2021 20:06 #221143 by newbynobi
I do know about that bug.
The scree sizing is broken right now. 
Do remember, that mastr is the development branch, so bugs will apear commonly and that branch is not made for productive machines!!!! 

I can not say when I will have time to fix that bug, as first I need to rebuild a complete house for my daughter. 

As far I do think that some widgets are not set up to shrink in the glade file. 

Norbert

Norbert

More
21 Sep 2021 16:30 #221278 by rider-83
Is it at all possible to revert back to my previous version of Gmo so that I can at least use the machine, or is this not possible ?

More
22 Sep 2021 04:50 #221327 by newbynobi
Yes it is possible to revert back.
Save your config folder, get LinuxCNC 2.8, solve dependencies and copy back your config folder.

Copy of your config folder is just for security.

Norbert

More
24 Sep 2021 13:51 - 24 Sep 2021 13:53 #221496 by rider-83

File Attachment:

File Name: linuxcnc.txt
File Size:7 KB
I started to have a play around with Gscreen. Every thing worked ok to start with, then all at once it no longer works.I havn't changed anything.
See the report file.  I wonder if this may help to find the issues I have been having earlier?
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Sep 2021 13:53 by rider-83.

More
29 Sep 2021 11:32 #221822 by rider-83
Does it look like there may be dependencies missing?

More
30 Sep 2021 10:09 #221881 by rider-83
Is there any one out there that may be able to offer any sort of solution to my problem?

The machine has been down for weeks now and I need to make some progress.
The reason I moved to Ver 2,9 was for the built in G71 turning cycle, and all worked fine until the recent update were now none of the GUI screens fit/re-size inside the boundaries of the monitor.
I just require the Gmoccapy GUI screen to fit, be it the latest version or a previous 'working' version with out the loss of Lcnc Ver 2.9
Is this possible?

I have considered abandoning ver 2.9 in favour of 2.8, but I will loose the simple feature of the new 'G71' cycle and also the 'missing-teeth' spindle sensor feature. I really don't want to make steps backward, as this project has gone on for to long already :(
I realise 2.9 was always a risk on my behlaf, but what is frustrating is it worked perfectly fine for my application until the update.
Any help is very much appreciated.

More
30 Sep 2021 12:54 #221890 by tommylight
Did you try making the font smaller for the desktop environment?

More
01 Oct 2021 12:49 #221948 by rider-83
I've just tried that, and no change.
Its the Icon Buttons on the right hand side and lower section that are outside the screen boundary

More
05 Oct 2021 05:16 #222245 by newbynobi
First solution would be to use a bigger screen if possible.
Next set up a new PC with 2.8 and change PC
Be patient till the problem is fixed, what will not happen in the next half year, as I am building a house for my daughter.

Sorry, but I do not understand, why someone use the development branch for a production machine. If someone does this, he / she should have a backup to be able to revert back.

norbert
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds