Probe Screen behaviour and questions. Based on the probe screen by Vers.by

More
31 May 2020 18:55 #169546 by Marcodi
I seem to have something strange.

1. When the probe is finished doing a probe routine and remain in the probe screen tab ( axis gui). and i press 9 on my keyboard. My z axis doesnt move just a little, it moves all the way to max Z. When i press 8 or 2, the machine starts to move to i don't know where, i haven't tested this till where, it scared the shit out of me. Same for 4 and 6 for X axis

Is this normal?

2. Secondly, after doing a probe routine my XHC pendant no longer works until i went out of the probe screen and used the keyboard to move my axis a little, than the pendant will work again. Any solution to this? It is extremely annoying cause after finishing the probing, i actually have to walk to the screen to change the tab and move the machine so i can go back to the workpiece and move with the pendant to the desired position.

3. Thirdly, if i have it correctly, if a workpiece is under a rotation, i first have to do the rotation routine and than the 0 points probing routines should be working in the changed coordinate system ( if ofcourse the system is set to auto rotate). Does this act the same in Version 1 of the probe screen. Or is this only in version 2? Cause i had the impression that after the rotation, my probing was still working in X and Y directions without any changes. I am working in version 1

4. Is the update to version 2 an easy thing to do?

Thanks for any help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2020 19:05 #169548 by tommylight
Same question here, made by you.
forum.linuxcnc.org/49-basic-configuratio...obe?start=360#169451
You are causing me "deja vu" :)
Never used probe screen, so can not help.
That behaviour does seem strange, though.

More
31 May 2020 20:53 #169571 by Marcodi
It was already an old topic and no answer, so I made a new post cause it is really frustrating me, I build the whole setup and now it doesn't work as I expected. I like to have things finished neatly so it drives me crazy. Is the developer not reachable here on the forum?

More
31 May 2020 22:10 #169581 by tommylight

It was already an old topic and no answer, so I made a new post cause it is really frustrating me, I build the whole setup and now it doesn't work as I expected. I like to have things finished neatly so it drives me crazy. Is the developer not reachable here on the forum?

This is a forum, so you have to wait for someone to answer, when and if they can.
And a lot of things in life do not work as expected, especially wo..... ! :blush:
You can also try the IRC, it is a much faster way to get info, sometimes, so here is the link;
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23linuxcnc
But to post there you will have to register there, as it is spam protected.

More
31 May 2020 22:36 #169583 by Marcodi
I know... I have time. I have the irc aswell, thanks though

More
31 May 2020 23:21 #169587 by Mike_Eitel
Have you tried directly on his www vers.by

More
31 May 2020 23:23 #169588 by tommylight

I know... I have time. I have the irc aswell, thanks though

You are welcomed, always. Sorry i could not help more.

More
01 Jun 2020 17:18 #169689 by Marcodi
So i have been testing both version 1 and version 2 of the probe screen. The readme clearly states that when autorotate is in effect, all other measurements will be done in the new coordinate system. This is the result i got. It clearly is not working as it should. Anybody and idea or faced the same problem?

Attachments:

More
02 Jun 2020 21:52 #169873 by Marcodi
Seems nobody is using this probe screen :(

Are there other good probe options available. That do rotation and than set an XY 0 point taken into consideration the rotation?

More
03 Jun 2020 08:30 - 04 Jun 2020 04:12 #169922 by verser
Hi Stephanisk,
I’ll try to understand your problem. My apologies for being slow, I'll try in the next days something to offer. Thanks for trying to use the app.

BR
verser
(Serguei Glavatski)
Last edit: 04 Jun 2020 04:12 by verser.

Time to create page: 0.337 seconds