wedm con ejes xyuv

More
16 Apr 2022 01:47 #240362 by darito78
wedm con ejes xyuv was created by darito78
hola a todos quiero poner linuxcnc en una cortadora de hilo de molibdeno de 4 ejes xyuv, hay un modo de hilo caliente  pero el problema que tengo es que los ejes uv estan montados al marco o sea se mueve la mesa para x e y  pero  el problema es cuando quero usar los 4 ejes no se como deberia configurar los ejes uv ya que si quisiera hacer un cono los ejes uv deberian moverse solo en la diferencia entre X y U  y entre Y e V. muchas gracias a todos.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2022 22:34 #240697 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic wedm con ejes xyuv
I am not fully understanding the description of the machine.

You might need a modified kinematics file if the U and V are mounted on the X and Y. But it should be a very simple one.

More
19 Apr 2022 23:27 #240703 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic wedm con ejes xyuv
There is a sim config for foam cutting included with LinuxCNC that has the same geometry and axis, i think.
It is aptly named "foam" under sim/axis/

More
05 May 2022 18:23 #242057 by darito78
Replied by darito78 on topic wedm con ejes xyuv
hello tommylight thanks for answering, the configuration for foam does not work for me, I have a 4-axis commercial wire machine in this the table moves. the axes U and Y are mounted on the bridge, so when I make figures in 2d it works, the problem is when I make 3d in axis it is configured for 2d that they move together X, u and Y, v but in the machine I have for 2d it only needs to move in X and Y so u and v don't have to move

More
05 May 2022 18:28 #242058 by darito78
Replied by darito78 on topic wedm con ejes xyuv
hello andypugh thanks for answering, of course it is difficult to explain in this machine the table moves like in a milling machine and the u and y axes are assembled in the z head for explaining it in some way and what I should do I think that the u and y axes should move by themselves in difference between x and u and between y and v but I really don't know how to do this

More
05 May 2022 21:15 #242072 by tommylight
Pictures? Videos?

More
05 May 2022 21:31 #242073 by Henk
Replied by Henk on topic wedm con ejes xyuv
I have a similar wedm machine that I started retrofitting but have not got to the point where I started playing with the u and v axes.

Basically, the u and v axes move relative to the bottom wire guide and that determines the angle between the wire and the xy plane. The angle is also affected by the distance between the upper and lower wire guides.

I think it would help to know how these machines were programmed originally.

For example, if you want to produce a cone shaped hole that is say 20mm in the bottom and 30mm Dia at the top, and the guides touch the work surfaces (not possible, but just to make the point) ....then the gcode would be something like this

Starting at x10 y0 and u5 v0
G3 i-15. (For xy)
But the u and v axis should then follow a similar circular path, but with a radius of 5. And I don't think it is possible to program that in one line,which I believe is the problem described above.

Maybe there is a simpler way?

BTW. How are you dealing with the spark generator?

G3 i-15

More
05 May 2022 22:44 #242079 by tommylight

But the u and v axis should then follow a similar circular path, but with a radius of 5.

10 ?
Still waiting on eye candy ...

More
06 May 2022 19:26 #242166 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic wedm con ejes xyuv
I think that the foam config probably can work.
You can treat XY and UV as independent, and use conventional G-code (possibly even from foam-cutting software)

Then, either use a custom kinematics which subtracts X from U and Y from V, or do exactly the same thing in the HAL layer.

If it was my machine I would experiment with which worked best in terms of homing (especially) and limit switches.

More
07 May 2022 21:07 #242257 by darito78
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.376 seconds