Retrofitting a 1986 Maho MH400E

More
15 Jan 2020 17:57 #154940 by andypugh

My 600E uses SPETH clamping sleeves type DS but noted that "Spieth" has a Type AK / IK an AL / IL clamping sleeve that may be what was used in your 400.

They look very similar too:
www.ame.com/clamping-sleeves-al-il

www.spieth-maschinenelemente.de/en/the-principle/
Says that they can be released and re-used at any time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J Green

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 18:20 - 15 Jan 2020 18:26 #154942 by RotarySMP
Good choice on the 7i73 for the pendant. I did it the hard way, with discrete wiring, so that project is stalled till I get 5m 20x wire and pull it through the conduits between the control cabinet and user module. A bunch of metal covers need to come off. Kind of figure that that job will happen at the same time as the move.

Without an automatic tool changer, the hydraulic pump on my MAHO only runs when you push the tool release button. Takes a couple of seconds to build up pressure, but with a manual tool change that couple of seconds makes no difference.

Norbert helped me out with setting up the tool length sensor INI, so it is now functional.
forum.linuxcnc.org/gmoccapy/38034-setup-...not-defined?start=20
Haven't used the MAHO since, so I still need to work through the work flow aspects of actually using it.

The lathe thing is a little embarrassing. More of toy. Before we got a house, we lived on the third floor of an inner city apartment. My very tolerance SWMBO tolerated my need for a workshop, when a chinese 7x12 minilathe got put it on the balcony.
www.wrathall.com/Interests/machining/My_shed.htm
CNCing it was partly to be able to enclose it and keep swarf out of the kids feet.

Since I got the house and the Boley, the minilathe lurked in the corner, abused for just a couple of wood turning jobs.

Then came the Coborn scraper and the need to learn to scrape has been an itch which was largely ignored but keeps breaking out. Before I ruin a real machine hacking away at it, the poor minilathe will be slowly converted to iron filings.

The CNC conversion was done years ago with steppers, a cheap break out board and TurboCNC. Since the Boley has no change wheels, the minilathe will again be CNC controlled. The controller is going to be pretty compact, with a tiny computor (Gigabyte SBC), little 10" touch screen, and Mesa 7i96. Making Videos is kind of fun, so this build will be in youtube.

Dont hold you breathe though. Project progress is glacial in my shed. It took seven years to finish the bend brake.
www.cnczone.com/forums/bending-forging-e...on-/56672-forum.html
Mark
Last edit: 15 Jan 2020 18:26 by RotarySMP.

More
15 Jan 2020 19:56 #154948 by drimaropoylos
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP

More
15 Jan 2020 20:06 #154950 by RotarySMP
Thanks. I forgot about that thread.
Mark

More
15 Jan 2020 20:08 #154951 by JANNOVV
MAHO ZUBEHOR
The following user(s) said Thank You: akb1212, J Green

More
15 Jan 2020 20:14 #154952 by JANNOVV
MAHO ZUBEHOR 2
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: akb1212, J Green

More
15 Jan 2020 20:40 #154953 by J Green
Hi Jannovv
Thanks for sharing. May I request one of each?
Did MAHO actually sell any of that stuff (except for the slotting head) or was it the marketing departments idea for causing people to lust after them. Bet there were more requests for literature than actual accessories sold . Wonder how much of those accessories are still around?
MAHO accessory challenged
Bob

More
15 Jan 2020 21:06 #154955 by JANNOVV
All real, used in the workshop .
J.N.

I have more brochures, larger than 1.6mb, where should I upload?
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP

More
15 Jan 2020 22:24 #154961 by RotarySMP
Must resist temptation...

A MAHO spindle speeder came up locally for a good price, but it had the DIN 2080 pull stud and not replaceable.

If anyone needs Vertical axis Ballscrew or bearings for an MH500, there is a set on Willhaben (Austrian Craigslist)
www.willhaben.at/iad/kaufen-und-verkaufe...l20df030t-355827960/
www.willhaben.at/iad/kaufen-und-verkaufe...l-y-achse-350696401/
Mark

More
15 Jan 2020 22:54 #154965 by J Green
Hi Mark
So what is the asking price on the spindle speeder ?
Any thoughts where Jannovv could upload his "more brochures, larger than 1.6mb" ?

"Must resist temptation..."
An yes , probably save the money for a garage expansion. Or now that you have a tool height setter - it is time for a tool changer! Quit saying no to a tool changer :laugh:

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.396 seconds