Bridgeport VMC1000 refit

More
17 Jul 2022 18:28 #247577 by Padstar
Hi, now i'm a long time lurker and have been playing around in the past with Ethercat servos... so why am i posting on a Bridgeport VMC post... well..........

turns out, in my day 2 day work I get to play with quite a lot of CNC machines.. and one of them is a Bridgeport VMC1000. but about 3 months ago it had a hissy fit and the powersupply on the Heidenhain 426, and much as i love fixing things.. seems parts and information on getting the OG control is making things hard, so.. off i go to the linuxcnc forums and start looking.. and well here i am ... And I'm wondering if I'm actually barking up the same tree as Spincycle,
So, intros out of the way... where are we at... and maybe more importantly ... can I see a picture of the SIMODRIVE, as i've somewhere heard that some of the versions of this drive are not +/- 10 volts, and it's all i can worry about... and I'm currently looking for any manuals, and trying to work out if this is true...

anyway... head down, lets get converting...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2022 08:25 #247644 by Padstar
Replied by Padstar on topic Bridgeport VMC1000 refit
Ooooo... seems I've been given my own topic...

so maybe its at this point i should start adding pictures... 

now i took a very bad picture of the SIMODRIVE 611 name plate... but for the life of me, i cant see what the model of the drive is.. 

please if anyone can see, let me know.. 

i'll update this as time goes on.. but i'm gonna need to start thinking about what masa cards i need to order... and get on with it... 

thanks for any help, ahead of time.. 

Attachments:

More
18 Jul 2022 10:40 #247650 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Bridgeport VMC1000 refit
KT16/21KW
???
I use reading glasess... :)

More
18 Jul 2022 17:47 #247711 by Padstar
So I popped into the workshop today, And took a load of pictures.... Just for amusement here are a few.... And maybe that simodrive model number is a bit clearer...

Anyway.... I'm off 2 hunt down manuals

Wish me luck
Pb
Attachments:

More
18 Jul 2022 18:21 #247714 by tommylight

More
19 Jul 2022 13:13 #247765 by Padstar
thanks for that...

now, i've had a read through.. and I'm now none the wiser... i'm not finding in this manual much detail on how you actually control the drives.. i'd be hoping for an analogue input, and way you can put the drive into velocity mode, and then off you go.. +/- 10 volts.. and your off and 2 the races... now i've also looked for more manuals on the specfic modules.. but nothing seems to give me the warm and fuzzys i'm hoping for....

so
A) have i missed something..
b) this siemens stuff uses magic to control the drives
c) i've just not found the right documentation yet...

anyway .. onwards..

Pb..

More
19 Jul 2022 13:33 #247767 by Padstar
my last post might make it look like i've not really been trying... but trust me I've been looking... 

now the original wiring is still in place... and here is a picture...

and in this picture you can see the various ports, and connections.. and i've been trying to understand what i'm looking at, just as much as finding the pinouts for making the connection for a mesa card... 

so maybe if you know the missing info., please feel free to enlighten me.. 

thanks

Pb  
Attachments:

More
19 Jul 2022 15:00 #247769 by tommylight
Those are the drives, for sure, not sure what the big box on the left is, but i would say you are looking at the wrong part.
Follow the encoders, those shoukl go to the controller, usually where the pc and monitor are, that is where the work sbould be done.
Almost always the drives remain untouched, everything connected to drives remains as is.

More
19 Jul 2022 15:53 #247772 by tommylight
Off the top of my head, page 110, 263, 380 or thereabouts should have info on analog stuff and encoders.

More
19 Jul 2022 16:05 #247773 by arvidb
Replied by arvidb on topic Bridgeport VMC1000 refit
Looking around a bit with no prior knowledge, 6SN1145 is an "infeed module" (that produces the DC bus for the power modules?). 6SN1123 are the "power modules" (motor drives?). The type of control input is decided by the control card in each power module, in this case 6SN1118-0AA11-0AA1.

Searching for this on Siemens' web page finds a bunch of manuals, but they all seem to cover a newer and only partially compatible control board: link .

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds