Absolute placement of Axis screen

More
12 Sep 2012 18:30 #24204 by mariusl
Hi,
I have seen ways of making the Axis screen maximized but I am looking for a way to place the screen absolute and at a given size. I also need to place some custom screens around the main screen at precise locations.
During the setup wizard process, one can input the location and size of the screen but the questions is how do I configure that afterwards?

Secondly, where is the hidden file .axisrc hidden?

Marius

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2012 18:36 #24205 by cmorley
the hidden file is in your home directory.
when you use a file broser either push cntrl h or select show hidden files under view

More
12 Sep 2012 21:51 #24210 by mariusl
Thanks I got that one but it does not contain anything useful to me at this time. The placement or location information for the Axis screen must be hidden elsewhere. I am sure it is configurable as all the example stuff look different in size and location.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
12 Sep 2012 21:52 #24211 by BigJohnT
Those questions are asked so often that the answers are in the FAQ in the Axis forum (just above this post atm).

John

More
12 Sep 2012 22:04 #24212 by mariusl
John,
I did read that first but it does not help me to locate the screen and I might be wrong but it looks like the example only deals with a maximized screen. I am not to sure how to make it smaller and to place it at a specific location using the tool.
I would prefer to do it in the Linuxcnc environment and not use the tool. I am sure that there must be a way. I am just to dumb with this stuff yet to get to it.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
12 Sep 2012 22:20 #24214 by BigJohnT
I would have to guess the geometry has an anchor point but I am also lacking knowledge in tk. You might experiment with the missing part of the geometry and see what that does.

Well I'll be in my Tkinter book it says geometry="120x120+5+50" and the last two are pixels from the left and top edge...

John

More
13 Sep 2012 08:00 #24231 by mariusl
John
I found a graphic tool to do the config for devilspie. it is here code.google.com/p/gdevilspie/wiki/gDevilspie It works very well and easy to do.

Do you know if the daemon is loaded at startup, does it listen to every window that is loaded or must you take some action after loading your window?

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
13 Sep 2012 10:58 #24233 by BigJohnT
I've not used devilspie... did you try the geometry string?

John

More
13 Sep 2012 11:36 #24235 by mariusl
Yes John, I did. It works but only if I load Axis and then restart the daemon. Not what I expected though hence my question.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
13 Sep 2012 11:49 #24237 by BigJohnT
You seem to be combining two of the three options in FAQ to set the Axis screen size. To simply set the size and position use option 2 which does not use devilspie or anything else.

John

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds