Adding override limits button on setups without it?

More
04 Feb 2020 12:06 #156493 by ross_dev
Hi

Title says it all really, in configs that contain the override limits checkbox, I cannot see where this is defined either in the ini or some additional postgui / pyvcp file. How do you add it if its absent on a machine config please?

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2020 12:23 #156496 by tommylight
On machines with automatic homming ( home all button in Axis GUI ), there is no overide as if it is set up properly the limits should never be triggered.

More
04 Feb 2020 13:15 #156498 by ross_dev
Hi tommylight

Thanks for the reply. That doesn't seem to fit with what I am seeing with my configs however.

I have a sim script that does have the 'home all' and auto homing, and simultaneously also has the override button. Conversely, our hardware setup does not yet have the auto homing in place as we are yet to fit limit switches, yet it has no override button. This is where I want to add it. Is there a flag that can be set somewhere?

Cheers!

More
04 Feb 2020 13:26 #156499 by bbsr_5a
if you dont have homing in place make a simple script that deletes the VAR and BAK.VAR file from the machine Folder then you got al your limits as you want
and ofcause set the limits to a HIGHER Value

SWITCHES is a 5USD Cost at cherrySwitch 10Pices this gives you 3 switches per Axis
and looses one PIN only FOR a Full setup machine
Beside the machine is mutch more workable

More
04 Feb 2020 13:27 #156500 by tommylight
You are welcomed, always.
Well if you do not have limit switches set up in hal, again the override will not be there.
It should be possible to set up the limit switches in hal and set the homing procedure to "immediate homing", but i never tested that. That might just work.

More
14 Feb 2020 13:37 #157357 by andypugh

Well if you do not have limit switches set up in hal, again the override will not be there.

It seems to happen here,, axis.py looks for lim-sw-in being connected, and if it is, enables the checkbox:

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...cripts/axis.py#L4063

This probably means that it can be over-ridden by a ,axisrc file.

But, with no limit switches wired, the machine can never be on hard limits, so the checkbox can not do anything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds