Driver Wiring DM320T

More
09 May 2019 20:24 - 10 May 2019 20:40 #133284 by AgentWD40
I'm looking at the datasheet for the DM320T. Anyone used them?
www.omc-stepperonline.com/download/DM320T.pdf

I'm confused as to how to connect this to a 7i76e.
On page 4, I assume I would go with figure 3: connections to difference control signal.

+5v to Opto
Pul- to Pul
Dir- to Dir

and that's all I need? I don't need any wires from the 7i76e pul+ and dir+ pins?

Can I connect the vcc in series to 5 of these drivers from one 5v pin?

Finally, could I safely connect all the enable pins in series from one digital output pin? It's my understanding the digital io will be at field voltage so Ill need a resister (2k) per the data sheet.
Last edit: 10 May 2019 20:40 by AgentWD40.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2019 07:07 #133333 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic Driver Wiring DM320T
Hi Welcome
using a 7i76e and the lowest DRIVER available is not a good idee
this DRIVERs are not for this BOARD consept
USE a TB6600 insted as lowest you can go it HAS the Full wire Connection you need as of the 7i76
also you will benefit a speed up to 50k steps per second with no steplos as the DM320T is only a Transistor H bridge kapabal of 5k
Attachments:

More
10 May 2019 08:03 #133338 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Driver Wiring DM320T
That controller looks like its for Nema 17 motors. Is that what you really want? i've bought motors from stepperonline but never stepper controllers. Voltage is a bit low to my mind.

I've used these from Longs motor with NEMA 23's and small NEMA34's with a 48 power supply with my 7i76e
www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nema23-Stepper-motor...bf7PR&frcectupt=true

More
10 May 2019 13:58 #133356 by AgentWD40
Replied by AgentWD40 on topic Driver Wiring DM320T
Thank you for the heads up.
Anyone know where I can find legit tb6600s? It appears that most the sellers are actually sending the TB67S109AFTG chip and calling it tb6600.

More
10 May 2019 14:04 #133357 by AgentWD40

That controller looks like its for Nema 17 motors. Is that what you really want? i've bought motors from stepperonline but never stepper controllers. Voltage is a bit low to my mind.

I've used these from Longs motor with NEMA 23's and small NEMA34's with a 48 power supply with my 7i76e
www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nema23-Stepper-motor...bf7PR&frcectupt=true

I hear you. It's where I've decided to start anyway. The machine design that I've chosen to build is designed for nema 17s. They've been proven to be adequate as a router table, I'll just be throwing a plasma torch on it. I know of at least one user here on the forum doing the same, I'm somewhat following in their foot steps.

More
10 May 2019 14:07 #133359 by InMyDarkestHour
Do those TB6600 self destruct or was it only the "all in one blue board" setups ?

More
10 May 2019 15:11 #133366 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic Driver Wiring DM320T
if you tell us here what mashine type MILL LATHe Printer Plasma ... you got
what size and what material you try to operate/mashine
it woudt be more to your benefit as we all here already do work with those mashines and know what you need
YOU got the best Controller as you can get and struggle on Driver lowest level

THE BEST STEPPERDRIVER you can GET is the REAL DM566 from Leadshine
if you need more Volts use the DM880

if it is Standard go for DM542H

all othars are tb6600
if you are in Europa -> BEST BUY
www.ebay.de/itm/Schrittmotor-Steuerung-S...-TB6600/302752862381

More
10 May 2019 15:29 - 10 May 2019 16:35 #133368 by AgentWD40

if you tell us here what mashine type MILL LATHe Printer Plasma ... you got

The design is called a LowRider2. Will be modifying the design to use a plasma torch. It's a relatively super simple and light gantry, from what I can tell, so I think that's why it gets away with these small motors. Will certainly just be a hobby machine.

Here's a slow moving example, I believe controlled by marlin on a 3d printer board:

what size and what material you try to operate/mashine

4'x4' table. The torch handles up to about 1/2".

it woudt be more to your benefit as we all here already do work with those mashines and know what you need
YOU got the best Controller as you can get and struggle on Driver lowest level

Between the seller and 2x price point I just figured those drivers were a step up from the tb6600 knock offs I find.

THE BEST STEPPERDRIVER you can GET is the REAL DM566 from Leadshine
if you need more Volts use the DM880

if it is Standard go for DM542H

all othars are tb6600

Thank you for that run down, great to know! I'm not looking for the best. We'll try the tb6600 knockoffs for a while. I know I splurged on the mesa but didn't want to roll the dice and waste too much time locating an old computer with a parallel port, the mesa seems to work on the old computer I already have. And I figured the mesa to be upgrade proof for a while. Mesa + thcad was still about the same or cheaper than other thc options I looked at alone.
Last edit: 10 May 2019 16:35 by AgentWD40.

More
10 May 2019 20:14 #133405 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Driver Wiring DM320T

And I figured the mesa to be upgrade proof for a while. Mesa + thcad was still about the same or cheaper than other thc options I looked at alone.

Absolutely, and by the time you get your machine built, the plasmac config will be perfect to you (well it is now actually, just the last few things to tidy up and its going to be finished.).

Back to your controller. I'm not 100% on that controller but I think it may be designed for switching on the negative side. Just read through the manual carefully and look at the wiring diagrams. I'm not an expert in that area and was hoping somebody with more knowledge would jump in.

More
10 May 2019 20:39 - 10 May 2019 20:46 #133408 by AgentWD40
For the record, per some some conversations with mesa, I'm switching gears and going with a 7i96 to save even a little more cash since I don't believe I could use all the io of the 7i76.

I'm looking forward to plasmac. I've already been tinkering with it. I feel like the thcad configuration is the last piece of the conceptual puzzle for me. If anyone were to write a layman's configuration walk through for the thcad I for one would most certainly buy them a beer or six. By the time I get this machine running I'm think I may have to put together a step-by-every-single-tiny-step build log just focusing on linuxcnc for the benefit of other newbies.

I decided not to place the order for the DM320T and ordered some more TB6600s. Or rather what someone is calling TB6600, we'll see.
Last edit: 10 May 2019 20:46 by AgentWD40.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.498 seconds