Mikron wf31ch manuals

More
13 Apr 2021 16:21 #205808 by myval
Mikron wf31ch manuals was created by myval
Hi all,

I am just wondering if someone could share mikron wf31ch manuals with me. I just got this machine and manuals when the machine arrived were for different machine. I would appreciate anny help with this.

Thanks
Josef

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2021 21:28 #205827 by J Green
Replied by J Green on topic Mikron wf31ch manuals
Thread: Mikron WF41 C mill in Pratical Machinest web site might be of some limited use .
Also - MIKRON WF31C Universal Milling Machine Electra Documentation with Circuit Diagrams £75 and
MIKRON WF31CH Universal Miller (TNC 155 Control) Electrical Manual
Print code: MM320Z from //store.lathes.co.uk --- Yes I know they want you to SHARE money first !
Have you looked at the French hobby machinist web site ?
If any of this is useful then post some Photos of your machine :)
Cheers
Bob

More
16 Apr 2021 07:03 #206087 by myval
Replied by myval on topic Mikron wf31ch manuals
Hi,
thank you for your suggestions. I have not had any time to go through it yet but I will in next few days. There is a lot to take in with this machine. I have stripped out all the TNC155 controls and planning to use LinuxCNC with mesa card but again lot to go through there is a lot of mesa cards to choose from and for some reason I am having issues getting help from them. I got reply to my first email but nothing after that, not sure what is going on.
I need to find replacement for the original servo drives if anyone had any suggestions I would definitely appreciate it. They are 190 VDC servos with only tachogen feedback (I can get rid of tachogen and install optical encoder no probs if needed) and there are linear scales on the axes.
I just realised that I only have detail photos of the stripout but dont have many photos of whole machine.
Example of my struggle is the hose in the second photo, I have absolutely no clue what it is for? any suggestions?

thank you
Josef
Attachments:

More
16 Apr 2021 09:07 #206094 by J Green
Replied by J Green on topic Mikron wf31ch manuals
My guess is that "hose " is for the horizontal spindle hydraulic tool release , there should also be one for the vertical spindle.
You might reconsider gutting all of the electrical wiring ,micro switches,transformers , Etc. before preceding on your retrofit .
For instance , why not use the existing servo motors and their drives as they were part of Mikron's overall original machine design .
Mikron designed and built very high quality machines ,and still do. Replacing the servo motors and their drives with something that is equal or better would not be easy or cheap. Does it have the Heidenhain LS 403 series of linear scales ?
Replacing the TNC155 controler with LinuxCNC sounds good .
However
It is your sandbox , your Mikron , and your conversion . I just wonder what it is that you want to end up with .

Might read ---- Hardware & Machines - Milling Machines- Retrofitting Mikron WF41C thread .
Photo hungry as always -
Bob

More
16 Apr 2021 20:07 #206129 by myval
Hi, yeah I was being stupid and just ignored the fact that it has the horizontal spindle. The hose is for sure the tool release.
I was considering using everything including TNC155 but it has two problems learning new tricks is one problem I found the tnc155 very difficult to use and second but more significant problem is space I can not afford to have control cabinet almost double the size of the machine.
I want to end up with similar control interface I had on my router.
I will try to use some modern servo drives with existing servos I might throw encoders on those servos to make it run better and if this all fails I will have to figure out how to make original servo drives fit in the footprint I need.
It has LS403. TNC 155 definitely has to go there is no way around that it is so massive and ancient.

More
07 Oct 2021 16:46 #222470 by cscegypt
Replied by cscegypt on topic Mikron wf31ch manuals
Hi,
I have manuals for 32 CH (German language) . I can email it to you if you still in need for it.
Heggy

More
03 Nov 2021 20:03 #225143 by myval
Hi,
Sorry i missed this post.
I would be happy to get it.
Not sure how different these two machines are but would love to check it.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds