DynaMite 2800 retrofit.

More
28 Jul 2022 13:22 #248531 by Birdman3131
So just won an auction for a good looking DynaMite 2800. From what I understand because it is already step/dir it makes a good candidate for cheap restoration. I won't know more about it till I go get it likely next week as to if anything is broken.
(Yes I am probably jumping the gun posting this before I go get it but oh well)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2022 11:59 #248785 by RotarySMP
Replied by RotarySMP on topic DynaMite 2800 retrofit.
Looks like a real steal. Will be interesting to see what the ways of this machine look like with the covers off.
When you go to pick it up, make sure you get any manuals or especially wiring diagrams for it. They are sitting beside the machine in the first picture.
Mark

More
04 Aug 2022 14:10 #249044 by Birdman3131
Replied by Birdman3131 on topic DynaMite 2800 retrofit.
So picked it up yesterday. Seems to be in great physical condition. Came with a couple extra boards. (Same boards are in the machine so dunno if spares or replaced bad ones.) Also came with all the manuals.

Plan is still to retrofit it as I want something that is Gcode but I am gonna see if I can get it working as it sits.

More
05 Aug 2022 15:33 #249124 by Birdman3131
Well got power to it and it does not fully come up. Not sure where the issue lies. Ill chase it a bit but not too long as I don't wanna run it on the original controller anyways. 

Question though. From what I understand the stepper drivers work on both the rising and falling edges of the waveform. Is this gonna be an issue for linuxcnc?

More
05 Aug 2022 17:52 - 05 Aug 2022 17:53 #249144 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic DynaMite 2800 retrofit.
Are there step and dir signals or is it quadrature?

(quadrature interfaced drives typically step on both edges of the A and B signals)
Last edit: 05 Aug 2022 17:53 by PCW. Reason: sp

More
05 Aug 2022 19:18 #249151 by Birdman3131
Gah. Downside to tons of research. I cannot find where I was reading that. Fairly sure it was on cnczone so Ill go back through all the threads tonight.

More
07 Aug 2022 02:52 #249244 by Birdman3131
So success has been made. Started trying to figure out what was going on out of the 48 volt power supply I was only getting about 10 volts or so maybe 15 I forget. So I figured that the supply was the problem. removed the power supply went and grabbed a RD6018 I have and set it to 48 volts 7 amps as the original supply is speced to. Well as soon as I turned on the rd6018 it instantly pegged at 7 amps which is a problem. After some experimentation and tracing I found a wire that if I removed got rid of said 7a short. Turns out the y-axis stepper motor driver was bad. Removed it from the equation and everything works swapped x and y and y drive works so it's definitely the driver.

There was a spare stepper driver that came with it it's not shorted but it also does not appear to work.

Now that I have it somewhat functioning I need to see if I can either repair one of these stepper drivers or buy a different one. Spindle drive did work I didn't take it up very fast though.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds