lathe macro

More
27 Mar 2015 05:19 #57222 by reedmachine
lathe macro was created by reedmachine
I have added the lathe macro to my config. It will run tool change, but when the 0call commands give me "file not open". I am using v2.3.0 & have read that many updates were made to MDI 0-call in v2.5 . Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2015 13:49 - 27 Mar 2015 13:51 #57225 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic lathe macro
Hi

There is no reason to be using 2.3, especially if you know a feature you require is not available (albeit I am not immediately aware of what it was you believed changed with 2.5, I used MDI calls quite happily with 2.3 and 2.4.)

wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UpdatingTo2.5

The above link has info re upgrading from 2.3 to 2.4 and thence to 2.5

Otherwise will need more info on what exactly you are doing and on what base (machine and distro) to be able to assist further.

regards
Last edit: 27 Mar 2015 13:51 by ArcEye.

More
27 Mar 2015 18:44 #57231 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic lathe macro
I got a "file not open" error on Touchy yesterday when trying to run a Touchy macro which is a subroutine. I had to restart LinuxCNC to get the subroutine to work. That's on 2.6...

JT

More
28 Mar 2015 09:16 #57243 by reedmachine
Replied by reedmachine on topic lathe macro
I have run this config on my mill computer using 10.04 live cd & will 0 –call. When I try the 10.04 cd on the lathe computer, it starts with errors (have read other forum issue that could be resolved) but also noticed it had terrible latency. That’s when I aborted this upgrade & was asking the forum this question.

This is a project to add macro as time permits & have rebooted multiple times & always has the same error.

I also found issuing the O<turning>call in the MDI tab results in the same error . I am able to issue other MDI command ( G0 X1.0 , T1/M6) successfully (v2.3).

I have verified the PROGRAM_PREFIX is point to the correct directory, am assuming the errors is its not seeing the .ngc files in the directory?

I was wondering if it is a “space” or some other simple problem in one of the config files. I mention this because I spent many hours trying to get the calibration widow to show. I discovered the extra space in the hal file of loadrt hal_parport cfg="0x378 X " vs. hal_parport cfg="0x378 X" space between (X) and the end ( “ ) would prevent the calibration window from opening up.

I have attached the relative config files & screen shot of error.

More
28 Mar 2015 14:03 - 28 Mar 2015 18:04 #57246 by ArcEye
Hi,

I have verified the PROGRAM_PREFIX is point to the correct directory, am assuming the errors is its not seeing the .ngc files in the directory?

I have not had time to look at all the files, but just checked the ini file to see what your program prefix was.

PROGRAM_PREFIX = /media/disk/Documents and Settings/CNC/My Documents/CNC_Lathe/Lathe_Post_Process

Yughh!!!!!

You need a proper linux path, which it appears you previously had in the commented out line above.

No windoze space separated directory names.

Plus of course the path is dependent upon the remote disk in /media being mounted

Not sure why all your M code files, subs and .ngc files would be in a dir called /Lathe_Post_Process, but that is where it would look, if it could get that far down the path

regards
Last edit: 28 Mar 2015 18:04 by ArcEye.

More
28 Mar 2015 22:24 #57251 by reedmachine
Thanks ArcEye,
That was something I was trying. I have removed that line & un-comented the line you noted, but still get same error.
I tried to add SUBROUTINE_PATH = /home/reed/emc2/nc_files to ini file and still get same error.

More
28 Mar 2015 23:07 #57252 by ArcEye
Linux has got more tolerant of stuff like that over the years - used to be an absolute game ender.

I would suggest that you create a file called M199 (unless that already exists)

Put into it
# !/bin/bash

echo "Successful"

and

sudo chmod 755 M199

Then put it in the dir pointed to by your PROGRAM_PREFIX = and run M199 from the MDI command line

That will prove the path is OK

Then you need to look at your g code file

It needs to be chmod 644 and be named turning.ngc for example, ie exactly the same as the name called, with .ngc added and in the same case

I tried to add SUBROUTINE_PATH = /home/reed/emc2/nc_files to ini file and still get same error.

You are running 2.3 and that is stretching my memory

I seem to remember that SUBROUTINE_PATH was introduced at some stage, but cannot remember when

I would stick with PROGRAM_PREFIX unless you have 2.3 docs that say it works

regards

More
28 Mar 2015 23:39 #57253 by reedmachine
I don't understand what you mean sudo chmod 755 M199.

I have reverted back to program prefix in ini

More
28 Mar 2015 23:43 #57254 by ArcEye

I don't understand what you mean sudo chmod 755 M199.

It is a command to set the file as executable by all, if it is not executable, it will not run.

from a terminal having cd'd to where the M199 file is, run that command

regards

More
28 Mar 2015 23:59 #57255 by reedmachine
At terminal, it returned Successful. But in axis MDI , nothing appears/changes when M199 is issued.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds