Joint error messages

More
31 Mar 2020 17:43 #162278 by Chipmunk
I get a error message at the start of the program advising me that joint 0 which I think is the Z axis exceeds the positive direction and joint 1 which I assume is the Y axis exceeds the positive direction. I have rechecked my homing and also the travel . I have sufficient travel in the positive and the negative direction for all of the axeses. Any thought Please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2020 18:08 #162281 by MovT
Replied by MovT on topic Joint error messages
Post the Program and your ini file. So we can stop guessing.

Best,
Udo

More
31 Mar 2020 19:00 #162285 by Chipmunk
Replied by Chipmunk on topic Joint error messages
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly . I do not know what you mean regarding the Ini file . The ngc file is developed using Cut2d and the execution program is EMC2 , 2.4.6
Attachments:

More
31 Mar 2020 19:27 #162286 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Joint error messages

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly . I do not know what you mean regarding the Ini file . The ngc file is developed using Cut2d and the execution program is EMC2 , 2.4.6

The HAL and INI files will be in the Linuxcnc config folder

More
31 Mar 2020 20:11 #162292 by Chipmunk
Thanks for the reply I will be at the machine tomorrow and I will dig that info out.

More
01 Apr 2020 21:12 #162377 by Chipmunk
Hello Linux I think I found the problem but I will need to reconfigure my travel X,Y,Z travel in Stepcon,.My machine is a Taig with a 16 inch bed For some reason my Stepcon settings have changed. The settings for the machine should be x, 12 in, it is at 8 ,.Y should be 5.5 ïn, and it is also at 8 and Z should be 6 in but it shows up as-4. I will change these settings to what they should be and try again. In trying to test the settings in Devcon I can't seem to get the test button to work . Have you any suggestions.? One other question, I have downloaded Wheezy and am running it on a separate machine. I went into Defcon but it does not support Taig. It supports Sherline could i use that to set up the Taig? Thank You

More
01 Apr 2020 21:17 #162378 by Chipmunk
Hello Linux I meant to say Stepcon, not Defcon I don"t .
Don

More
02 Apr 2020 19:31 #162483 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Joint error messages
You can just hand-edit the INI file. This might be easier than re-running Stepconf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chipmunk

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds