NGCGUI not working after emc2 update

More
18 Apr 2011 19:46 #9052 by kb8wmc
Yesterday I upgraded to emc2 version (2.5.0-pre1-223-g37af771)...I am unable to get ngcgui to work at all...I have installed ngcgui on two of my other computers (after doing upgrades) without a problem and all works well on both...

Axis functions properly, but no ngcgui buttons appear...I have attempted numerous iterations to edit the .ini file without success...None of the iterations so far breaks Axis, but none yields success either...

I have a feeling there is some simple config I am missing, just do not know where...

Thank you in advance for any guidence...

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2011 19:56 #9054 by BigJohnT
Since your experienced with ngcgui I would suspect a typo in your ini file. EMC does not complain about extra stuff (things with typo's) in the ini and just ignores it for the most part.

If ngcgui can't find a subroutine it complains when you load up...

John

More
18 Apr 2011 19:59 #9055 by kb8wmc
John,
Yes, I first suspected the same, and I am still looking it over for errors, to no avail as yet...I will find it eventually if it is typo, or some other reason I can't as yet find...will keep you posted...

I thought that the problem might lie in doing the latest upgrade, but something tells me this is not so now...

Thanks for your input

Mike

More
18 Apr 2011 20:05 - 18 Apr 2011 20:26 #9056 by BigJohnT
2.5 does not need one file... I'm not sure if the other files are different. You might check the README to be sure.

www.panix.com/~dgarrett/ngcgui/README

John
Last edit: 18 Apr 2011 20:26 by BigJohnT.

More
18 Apr 2011 20:53 #9060 by kb8wmc
John,
Affirmative on the file for emc2 v 2.4, I omitted placing it in the .ini file...

I will get this figured out...I have observed that usually if I make some error, I do not quickly detect the error that I made, I guess because it looks correct to me or something of that nature....

I have kept the README file open in front of me since I began the install of ngcgui...

Old age and dry rot I guess....thanks again

Mike

More
18 Apr 2011 20:56 #9061 by BigJohnT
I know that feeling for sure... except for in Swamp East Missouri it is wet rot.

John

More
19 Apr 2011 17:55 #9099 by kb8wmc
John,
I still have not achieved success getting ngcgui to load into axis...I have tried every iteration that I can think of presently...I not found anything that is a glaring error, such as spelling or file locations...I have moved files and changed the ini file to reflect their locations umpteen times and still nothing...I used synaptic today to do latest upgrade to 2.5.0-pre1-228-gde630ca...

I know that ngcgui works on my other computers and it works well...I also know that there is no reason (that I can think of) why it should not be just as easy to install on this computer...It is mainly just a series of files placed in an identifiable directory and pointed to from within the ini file...

Beats me for right now, but I will get it to function...I have used both relative address as well as absolute addressing and nothing seems to make any difference....The one thing I can say, is that nothing I have done has broken Axis as yet...I really wish that I could get some kind of error that I could track down...lol

Anyway, this is the latest update on my efforts...will keep plugging away on it...

Mike

More
19 Apr 2011 18:18 #9102 by BigJohnT
Are you sure you loading the ini file your editing? I've done that before...

John

More
19 Apr 2011 18:48 #9110 by kb8wmc
John,
If you mean am I reloading Axis anew, the answer is yes....If other than that, I haven't a clue...

Mike

BigJohnT wrote:

Are you sure you loading the ini file your editing? I've done that before...

John

More
19 Apr 2011 18:55 #9112 by BigJohnT
No, I meant I've in the past edited an ini file in one directory but my run button was running one in a different directory.

Can you attach your ini file?

John

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds