cinturnchanger toolchanger component for 79cincinatti milacron cinturn12u lathe

More
15 Jan 2023 21:12 - 10 Mar 2023 02:15 #262066 by smc.collins
as stated, toolchanger program and component file for cinturn lathe.tested and working 1000 trouble free tool changes, has a good deal of built in error logic, could probably use a refactor and a rewrite, but if you have a turret lathe with a similar mechanism, maybe this will help you get up and running. most of the details are in the hal file.updated 3-9-2023 with numerous improvements and fixes.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Mar 2023 02:15 by smc.collins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2023 02:21 - 10 Mar 2023 02:30 #266252 by smc.collins
1. fixed memory misbehavior from pocket number filtering, removed it, also implemented new New BCD input switch debounce algorithm and protected it against being read while motor is running. Also implemented new motor run strategys using a timed on off pulse. This prevents mechanical damage to the turret.2. fixed a few execution fall throughs that would ocassional report toolchanged before the tool finished changing,3. fixed a shared variable conention issue that would stall tool change.4. added more if/else conditions for error checking5. improved error detection, made sure ALL fualt states function properly and report a Estop output in case of malfunction.6. improved watch dog timer7. fixed clean up post motor shut off when in position to clear prior flow control states. error test and timers.8. vastly improved switch filtering, added strobe filtering as well.9. new bcd switch decoding scheme behavior is similar to a ISR in a few ways. But is now ONLY allowed when the motor is in the off state to prevent misreporting the pocket number while in motion.Also put some other gaurd in place for error detection while turret in motorion. 10. fixed some annoying issues with machine startup and reporting BCD switch fualt states.lots of other small fixes, if anyone wants a customized version for a similar type of mechanism lmk I will help you customize this program. The commenting is extensive and should make modifying it easier than if it was poorly commented. Always open to suggestions and improvements.
Last edit: 10 Mar 2023 02:30 by smc.collins.

More
10 Mar 2023 02:31 - 12 Mar 2023 20:54 #266254 by smc.collins
Last edit: 12 Mar 2023 20:54 by smc.collins.

More
10 Mar 2023 08:04 #266275 by spumco

but if you have a turret lathe with a similar mechanism, maybe this will help you get up and running.

What turrent mechanism does the cinturn use?  I've got a (potential) candidate with a Sauter turret if my control dies.

More
10 Mar 2023 20:31 #266330 by smc.collins
It has a motor to drive the turret rotation, is also has what I can only describe as a strobe piston cam, so you pulse the motor on, give it some inertia, then the strobe cam ram rollers it into position. so the motor to turret gear are coupled with a strobe cam profile radially. It also uses a clamping system that pushes the turret off of the blocks locking it into position.

If you give me some info on the turret in question, I can certainly take a look at how to implement it.

So how it works in practice.

Hydraulic pressure unclamps the turret face
Motor turns on for a set period, then turns o also for a set period of time
then the spool " hydraulic directional valve for motor and strobe ram" valve kicks oil back to the strobe ram which pushes the turret into alignment for the locking mechanism.
Then the hydraulic piston releases and retracts back onto the lock. also done with a directional hydraulic valve.

the program has a LOT of safety built into it.

More
10 Mar 2023 20:52 #266335 by spumco

the program has a LOT of safety built into it.

No doubt!

Mine's an air-released, spring locked turret with an incremental encoder plust deriven tool servo & drive solenoid.

I appreciate the offer, but I think you've probably got enough on your plate to be fooling with a very different turret config that I'm not in desparate need for.

If my control dies, however, I'll come begging...

More
10 Mar 2023 22:29 - 10 Mar 2023 22:31 #266346 by smc.collins
should be manageable, I've been working on handling encoders recently. implementing all of the position feedback logic in the fpga as a ISR , not easy, but, will make encoder position ultra robust.

it will keep high resolution encoders from dropping pulses in the event of jitter and or other anomaly's causing error. also redesigned woth using the  z or index pulse as a checksum. 

also started on i2c and tcp rs485 etc absolute position sensor stuff. my own project. 

plates full at the moment for sure.

lmk if you need help though, tool changers are kinda of a real weak spot for Linux CNC 
Last edit: 10 Mar 2023 22:31 by smc.collins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco

More
12 Mar 2023 20:52 - 12 Mar 2023 20:55 #266514 by smc.collins
fixed issue where toolchanged bit was not being cleared after first tool change. this would cause machine to move from, g28 before tool change was completed. Not good to have tool change running before tool change was finished,outside of that, I have no known bugs that I trip on. 

I have not update the hal file recently, but you can change the motor on and off time with the following variables in the hal file 

setp cinturnchanger.MinMotorOn 0.xxxx   sets run time for motor on between stations, min likes 0.450 seconds
setp cinturnchanger.MinMotorOff 0.000   min time motor is off, Mine works best at 0.750 
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Mar 2023 20:55 by smc.collins.

More
17 Mar 2023 04:38 #266883 by dctrytsman
Hi Sean .

You replied to my question on Tommylight's post .How can I get your toolchanger program to work on my machine ?

Thanks
Dylan

More
17 Mar 2023 12:04 - 17 Mar 2023 12:07 #266906 by smc.collins
first, I'd like you to start a dedicated thread, then i need you to do a few thibgs.

1. i need to know the bit pattern for the turret station numbers.whixh switches are on and off in each position 

2. detail all of the the mechanical functions of the turret.

3. all of the inputs and outputs, there related functions

4. any videos you can source of a operating turret
5 photos, vids etc of the turret. all of the mechanics, switches etc. 

6. your pin assignments in hal. 

start a new thread and put the link here
Last edit: 17 Mar 2023 12:07 by smc.collins.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds