Plasma THC

More
16 Mar 2013 03:28 #31472 by gois
Plasma THC was created by gois
Good afternoon!
Anyone have a step-by-step showing how to configure EMC2 for a plasma with THC torch height control.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2013 18:04 #31496 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Plasma THC
What kind of THC are you using?

John

More
18 Mar 2013 19:45 #31540 by gois
Replied by gois on topic Plasma THC
I'm still researching, I thought about buying a brand PROMA THC, my intention is to use along with Hypertherm PM65 or 1650. But if you have a suggestion of a different type of THC can show me.

More
19 Mar 2013 04:41 #31559 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Plasma THC

I'm still researching, I thought about buying a brand PROMA THC,

This one: www.ebay.com/itm/321088257230 ?

It looks quite nice. An alternative is the $69 THCAD from Mesa. The Mesa device sends out a pulse train (which LinuxCNC can count with an encoder HAL module) this puts all the control in HAL (where you can see it).

Look at the bottom of the "AnythingIO Daughter boards" section at www.mesanet.com

More
19 Mar 2013 18:40 #31587 by gois
Replied by gois on topic Plasma THC
Where do I find information for this HAL module, how to configure to have all control alert by LinuxCNC

More
19 Mar 2013 19:44 #31590 by cncbasher

More
19 Mar 2013 19:48 #31592 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Plasma THC

Where do I find information for this HAL module, how to configure to have all control alert by LinuxCNC

That rather depends on whether you end up with an up/down THC or an analogue arc-voltage THC.

More
19 Mar 2013 20:59 #31596 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Plasma THC

If you use the Mesa THCAD card the thc component information and connection is part of the man page .

This can also be viewed on the computer you installed LinuxCNC on by opening up a terminal and type in:
man thc

John

More
31 Mar 2013 11:22 #32115 by Coolmo32
Replied by Coolmo32 on topic Plasma THC
Can I hook up a Mesa THCAD card to a 5I25-7I76 combo for a good Torch height control? Would I have to modify the Plasma-5i20 configuration very much to get it to work? I don't have a lot of experience with Linuxcnc. I do have touch-off working with a floating torch head. I was able to get it working after looking at your touchoff subroutine John. Thanks.

More
31 Mar 2013 16:20 #32117 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic Plasma THC
yes their would be a few changes to your configuration mostly just in gpio pin allocations , the actual program it's self will work
dont worry if your not up to it , their is plenty of help to assist you available , your not alone with linuxcnc

once you are to the point of connections post your hal and ini files and let us know what pins you have allocated to the thc , and
we can guide you through the changes needed

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds