curious errors after converting INI from MM to Inch

More
29 Oct 2019 18:27 #149065 by travis036
unfortunately, i both updated from 2.7.0 to 2.7.14, and loaded the converted INI file at the same time, so no telling which change caused the conflicts. i highly suspect the errors are from my INI file changes, so we will work with that.
all my config files are on my GitHub, here: github.com/travisfarmer/my-linuxcnc-conf

after homing the machine, (slow but it seems to work), i intended to verify my software limit settings by jogging toward the extremes, and noting where the machine stops. i only got as far as testing axis Y (AXIS_1). the MIN limit worked perfectly, though when i jogged toward the MAX software limit, it moved a bit over 4 inches, and shut down the machine ("Joint follower error" i think).

it is extraordinarily stupid of me that i didn't save the INI as a backup, per-conversion from MM to Inch. i think i can roll back my GitHub, but i am not keen on that, just yet. perhaps some more eyes on the configs will spot something.

Thanks in advance for any help.

~Travis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2019 18:39 #149067 by tommylight
Traj
default velocity is higher than max velocity
Same on display section, 9 and 90
There are no entries for stepgen_max_velocity but it should work without them.
I see no other issues there.

More
29 Oct 2019 18:55 #149068 by travis036
ok, thank you very much! i will be heading back out there a bit later, and will try the changes.

~Travis

More
29 Oct 2019 21:35 #149075 by travis036
Same issue as before. here is a screen cap, if it helps. note error in lower-right of Axis.

~Travis
Attachments:

More
29 Oct 2019 21:40 #149077 by toplakd
Take a look at the section of .ini where it says which velocities should be 25% higher.
As you might have them same value as your normal velocity, and that can lead to that error.

More
29 Oct 2019 21:52 #149078 by travis036
ok, sounds good. i have set the max velocities to 25% higher. i will test them tomorrow, as i have not installed lights in the CNC shed yet, and it is now dark out.

thanks for the fast response!

~Travis

More
30 Oct 2019 15:25 #149180 by travis036
well... same issue, same error.
I changed some values regarding the acceleration, and i got further travel, but very slow acceleration, so i moved them back, and it brought about the error again.

I am starting to wonder if it would be wise to wipe the configurations, and re-run the step config. then i can replace bits from the current configs, a little at a time, just to see where i went wrong. seems like a real PITA, but i don't know what else to do at this point.

~Travis

More
30 Oct 2019 15:53 #149182 by toplakd
I checked your .ini on your github link.

MAX_ACCELERATION = 5.04
STEPGEN_MAXACCEL = 4.56 <= this should be 25% higher than one above

More
30 Oct 2019 16:44 #149188 by travis036
same error and issue...
really getting frustrating.

~Travis

More
30 Oct 2019 16:47 #149189 by toplakd
Than create new similar config with stepconf.
And look what is different.

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds