Infinite speed for virtual machine

More
08 Apr 2021 04:36 #205307 by Nico2017
Hi all,
I am working on a project of simulation where I would like to get linuxcnc running at a feed rate physically impossible. So I do not have any machine hardware limitation and I was wondering if there was somehow a speed limitation due to the software end. If such a limit exist, how does it compare to the thread frequency and frequency of traj planner.

In other words, if I increase the MAX acceleration and MAX velocity values on the .ini file, both in the traj, axis and joints section, am I going to face a speed limitation at some point.

Thank you,

Nicolas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2021 20:03 #205355 by tommylight
I recall pushing a sim to 60m/m, but i also recall pushing a real machine at 68m/m and ripping the belts off ! :)
What speed are we talking about ?

More
08 Apr 2021 22:45 #205377 by Nico2017
Hi,
well pretty much the highest speed possible, speed of light? Again this is only for a sim.

So I tried: 300000000000 mm/s in all max acceleration, default and max velocity values in joints, axis, and traj planner, which is not taken into account. However 10 000 m/s so 10 000 000 mm/s is. So I was wondering if there would be a speed limitation related to a software bit precision.

Thank you,

Nicolas

More
08 Apr 2021 23:25 #205385 by PCW
I wonder how fast LinuxCNC/HAL would run without waiting for the next
servo-thread. If it just ran without waiting (but still thought it had a say
1 ms servo thread) you would not need to change any velocity or acceleration
number to get an accurate sped-up simulation, you just lie to LinuxCNC about the time...

More
09 Apr 2021 01:56 #205391 by Nico2017
Well at the current high speed tested of 630m/s drawing a 10000mm diameter circle, the halscope runs still fine, just got the axis trajectory display cutting corners.

Playing with high speed, I also need to increase my domain limits to not run of space.

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds