Mori Seiki TV30 tool carousel setup problem.

More
11 Jul 2021 12:55 #214251 by Varang1an
Hi
I have Mori Seiki TV30 and I have tool changer working curently at very crude method and I would like to make it properly. I have been trying to google similar setups everywhere, but could find none and closest one was brother TC-225, though it uses grayscale encoder to know which tool is in. 

Toolchange works as follows:
1. Spindle orients (works currently)
2. Z axis moves fully up and tool gets removed in same step mechanically (I have overtravel here setup for tool change which also works)
3. Carousel rotates the tool in (10 slot carousel and this step has some issues)
4. Z axis moves down and takes tool in mechanically (Naturally this step works too)

so the problem is with homing procedure as I do it in my custom comp with very crude method of stepping motor forward by stepping it with poscmd (it is mitsubishi meldas using fantastic controller from yurtaev.com/) however this is not very accurate method and other solution would be using it as axis, but when I set it axis I can't find a way to home it during first toolchange (it should drive Z axis up in overtravel location during this step before trying to home the carousel). So what I am trying to probably ask is that is it possible force homing from toolchange.ngc routine for the ATC axis if I set it up that way? or how I could home the axis using some other method as I can use only position mode for it?

Oh and sorry if my explanation is not clear enough, I will try explain it better if required 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2021 13:08 #214254 by Aciera
Could you not home the ATC at startup together with the other axis?

More
11 Jul 2021 13:10 #214255 by Varang1an
It would work yes, but I have absoulte encoders on all other axis which do not need homing... that makes things slightly more complicate. Is there way to actually do "start up" procedure that after I would start linuxcnc it would directly orient spindle, drive Z axis up and after that home the carousel?

More
11 Jul 2021 13:18 #214256 by Aciera
Could you use one of the built in homing procedures to home the ATC or do you have to use your specific component?

More
11 Jul 2021 13:31 #214257 by Varang1an
well I would like not to home other axis, and I did not notice if there is option to force Z axis up before homing ATC... I would like really to avoid re-homing those axises with absolute position... though after all that may be only option if there is no way around it.

More
11 Jul 2021 14:32 #214264 by Aciera
So if I understand this correctly the problem is that you need to orient the spindle and move the Z axis into position before being able to home the ATC. But if the ATC is an axis then linuxcnc is in joint mode and the Z axis doesn't really exist.
Maybe you need fool the controller into thinking that the ATC-axis is homed before rehoming it properly after.

More
11 Jul 2021 14:46 #214266 by Varang1an
Yes first orient spindle, then move Z axis in to position and then home ATC. I have set NO_FORCE_HOMING=1

I suddenly noticed this: halui.joint.N.home bit in so maybe I could use that to home atc at later stage.... have to try it out

More
11 Jul 2021 15:09 #214270 by Aciera
Yes that should work.
You could connect halui.joint.N.home to motion.digital-out-nn and create an Mcode remap that orients the spindle, moves the Z axis into position and issues M64 Pnn to initiate homing of the ATC.

More
11 Jul 2021 16:48 #214286 by dm17ry
as far as i remember the toolchanger uses a MDS-A-SVJ-06 servo drive with HA-ME73 servo motor. it is an oldish motor equipped with an incremental encoder, so it has to be homed each startup.
i suggested to add a joint to it and use linuxcnc's built it homing, but then realized that it's impossible without adding a corresponding axis...
the drive is position controlled. so my approach would be to implement a hal component with pins:

speed limit
acceleration limit
home input
homed output
target position input
at-position output

then at startup you would assert "home", wait for "homed". and then set "target position" and wait for "at-position" when needed...

More
11 Jul 2021 20:57 #214322 by Varang1an
Yes exactly that setup. I may have to tinker on what you mentioned, but I am not sure how I can drive that axis to home it if it requires position commands? or is there any examples how to do it which I could take a look of? currently I am kind counting position one "step" forward and checking if limit switch has engaged during that step and if not it continues to increment position command value.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds