probe screen v2

More
05 Jan 2023 16:45 - 05 Jan 2023 17:30 #261007 by Ondrej
probe screen v2 was created by Ondrej
Hello,

I have some troubles with Probe Screen. I thought I will be able to solve this on my own :/

I followed the instructions from downloaded probe_screen_v2-master.
I am using the normally closed touch plate - the touch plate is on the desk, pressing sensor

When I run the Z- code ( which is for down.ngc code ) I get and error - Probe tripped during non-probe move.
And I dont know if this error is because of - bad Gcode (I modified that according to the one video on YT, where its working)
                                                                     bad settings in python code (probe_screen.py)
                                                                     bad settings in HAL/INI file
IMHO the error is in g-code.

File Attachment:

File Name: 14Mesa.ini
File Size:5 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: custom_pos...1-05.hal
File Size:1 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: 14Mesa.hal
File Size:11 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: down.ngc
File Size:0 KB

thank you 

Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Jan 2023 17:30 by Ondrej.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2023 19:48 #261027 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic probe screen v2

When I run the Z- code ( which is for down.ngc code ) I get and error - Probe tripped during non-probe move.

Usually it means the sensor input is inverted, so adding -not to the input pin in the hal should fix it.
Or if there is -not there, delete it.

More
06 Jan 2023 08:58 #261069 by Ondrej
Replied by Ondrej on topic probe screen v2
I find that its maybe working - problem was in my bad manipulating with connecting the wires ( Iam not testing this on the machine but just on stepper motors and other electronics (with 7i92) on my desk).

But there is still a lot of thing that are not clear for me.

1. I found that when I sucessfully finish the Z- procedure (down.ngc) then I am not able to do G0 Z0 command into MDI command ( it just doesnt do anything).

2. what if I wanted not only use touch plate but also touch probe. How should this be wired? when the hal pin motion.probe-input is used for the touch plate, then I think it cannot be also used for the touch probe. 

More
06 Jan 2023 11:26 #261077 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic probe screen v2
Yes it can be done with some hal, and there are one or more topics discusing the subject of plate/probe, but i am on phone so can not search for it.

More
06 Jan 2023 22:33 #261136 by clunc
Replied by clunc on topic probe screen v2
Ondrej wrote:
> When I run the Z- code ( which is for down.ngc code ) I get and error - Probe tripped during non-probe move.

I have one of these poorly designed "plunger" type height setters.[1]  I have taken it apart multiple times alternately to add "dielectric grease" to improve the electrical connectivity between the plunger and the spring and the walls and to remove excess grease slowing the return of the button to the rest position.

Others who have purchased this have reported modifying it to drill and tap holes to secure a copper wire between the bottom of the brass plunger and the aluminum base.

After cleaning, mine will function for a time, but I have found it to be erratic: sometimes it won't trigger on contact, and other times it triggers (from vibration I think) when jogging or running G-code.  I've taken the electrical connector apart and re-wet the solder joints, and to avoid having to unscrew the connector between uses, I went ahead and installed a rocker switch in one of the conductor lines to ensure it cannot false-trigger.  It can however still fail to trigger when in-use, thanks to the poor design.

I am in the market for a good MECHANICAL height setter--with a dial, not digital display.

[1] In fact, the Chinese appear to have stopped making this format because it took an extensive search to find it even on a Chinese site. None found on ebay or amazon where they used to be rife.
Attachments:

More
08 Jan 2023 13:06 #261259 by Ondrej
Dont you know, from where it comes, that when I run the down.ngc code for Z-, and it finish successfully, then I am not able to write G0 Y0 or G0 X0, G0 Z0 and so on into MDI command line?

More
08 Jan 2023 18:42 #261294 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic probe screen v2

I am not able to write G0 Y0 or G0 X0, G0 Z0 and so on into MDI command line?

Physically unable to, in that keystrokes don't register? 
Or the commands have no effect? 

More
08 Jan 2023 19:00 #261296 by Ondrej
the commands have no effect. Simly Iam able to type that there ( I tested only these commands G0 Y0 etc. with G0 ) but nothing happens. It doesnt write any error. I just type that click enter and thats all. It is showed in the command list history and thats all.

More
08 Jan 2023 19:17 #261297 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic probe screen v2
I assume that you are not already at 0,0,0 ?
(In the currently active coordinate system)

Have you found a way to fix this? It sounds very strange.
What happens if you switch away from the MDI tab and back?

Does anything else work at this point, like running G-code?

More
09 Jan 2023 16:22 - 09 Jan 2023 16:22 #261362 by Ondrej
Yes I found the way how to fix this - its my stupidity. 

When I run the Z- code (down.ngc) there is command G91 and now you can guess what happens when you type G0 Y0 etc. :)
I was testing only these Y0, X0, Z0 and anything else... 
Last edit: 09 Jan 2023 16:22 by Ondrej.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds