Calibration Window Not Opening

More
02 Feb 2023 08:59 #263504 by jlennox
Hi Guys,

I have just run into a quirky issue. Today I opened up my usual config and wanted to do some tuning of the Z axis and the calibration window no longer opens. Hal show, hal scope and all the others open fine, no errors or messages occur, just doesnt show. Just a week ago I had the calibration window showing up and working fine calibrating X and Y. Since then to now I have only edited my hal and classis ladder files. If I open up a sim config, calibration will load but show a message it cannot find any variables in the ini file so it appears to just be something I have changed in the previous week.

Anyone have recommendations on what to look for? I have compared documents from a week ago to now and nothing stands out to me that would cause this. I have attached my hal and ini file for reference.

Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2023 12:02 #263514 by tommylight
Start LinuxCNC from a terminal,
linuxcnc -l
That is L at the end.
Paste the error from terminal after you try opening the calibration menu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jlennox

More
02 Feb 2023 12:15 #263517 by jlennox
Thanks Tommy, I'll do that tomorrow when I'm back at the machine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
02 Feb 2023 23:03 #263553 by jlennox
Hi Tommy,

Terminal gave an output saying the folder my ini file was in could not be found. As I backup my config every time I make changes, I added the data to the name of my config folder and linuxcnc did not like that. Once I removed the date from the name of my config folder so it matched the name of my ini file again, everything worked fine.

eg
Config Folder = MAZAK-VQC2040B - 29.01.23 | Ini File = MAZAK-VQC2040B.ini | Calibration will not open

Config Folder = MAZAK-VQC2040B | Ini File = MAZAK-VQC2040B.ini | Calibration opens fine

Thanks for your help Tommy, appreciate the support you guys bring. I have never started linuxcnc from the terminal before so would never of thought to try that. Good trick to add to the hat.

Cheers,
Jason
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds