Clarification on the Code of Conduct

More
05 Mar 2022 05:24 #236391 by ALittleOffTheRails
I am interested in how this thread is not in violation of the code of conduct.
forum.linuxcnc.org/51-ot-posts/45231-put...w-to-stop-him/unread

Specifically:
Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
Public or private harassment
Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate

These points I feel relate to the destabilization of a country's economy and a personal attack of the leader of said country. This is an attack based on nationality.
Furthermore this attack would harm those mentioned in the "Our Pledge" section, whether or not they are members of the Linuxcnc community or not.

Whilst I have no gripe with the author of the thread, I would like to know how it does not violate the code of conduct.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Aciera, D.L.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2022 08:55 #236403 by cmorley
It is inappropriate - it shouldn't be there long.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aciera, D.L.

More
05 Mar 2022 10:19 #236413 by chris@cnc
Well, this is a very difficult decision. Since yesterday is this in other dimension. The Atom reactors are more and more under Russia control. If some drunken soldier shoot a missile, could be big parts of Europe down. 
And our linuxcnc members of these countries and neighbors without a chance. 
I guess this is not longer a question of code of conduct. For some of us is pure survive and for some a heart question. 
Want we really hide behind a code of conduct?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grotius

More
05 Mar 2022 11:16 #236417 by D.L.

The Atom reactors are more and more under Russia control. If some drunken soldier shoot a missile, could be big parts of Europe down. 
And our linuxcnc members of these countries and neighbors without a chance.

The Russia–Ukraine border has a length of 2,295.04 kilometres (1,426.07 mi) of which 1,974.04 kilometres (1,226.61 mi) is land border and 321 kilometres (199 mi) is sea border.
Maybe you think that Russians are idiots to organize a nuclear catastrophe near their border?

More
05 Mar 2022 11:32 - 05 Mar 2022 11:33 #236419 by Aciera
As a fellow concerned European I believe that sometimes a meeting place free of political campaigning is much more beneficial to world peace than opening yet another front line in a forum like this one.
Last edit: 05 Mar 2022 11:33 by Aciera.
The following user(s) said Thank You: billykid, phillc54, tommylight, snowgoer540

More
05 Mar 2022 12:58 #236424 by chris@cnc
Of course, a forum is not a place for discussing political fronts. But if one of us has a heart's desire to do something with our means, we should let him do it. Before he bursts.
And our good Admins could any time clear this fronts. 
I would also rather play with my model railway to get my mind free. But it hurts and I not want to hide.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grotius

More
05 Mar 2022 15:05 - 06 Mar 2022 01:05 #236435 by tommylight
---Expired!---
Last edit: 06 Mar 2022 01:05 by tommylight. Reason: expired
The following user(s) said Thank You: billykid, Clive S, Grotius, gitin

More
05 Mar 2022 19:32 #236448 by robertspark
world has gone mad :(   Just when I thought it had gone about as mad as it could go it seems we are after a new level of madness or insanity.

I am trying my best to understand both sides but I just fail to see how Russia could have felt threatened by Ukraine (or Nato).... its not likely the west is going to wage war unless they are attacked first.  And its even less likely that the west would invade another country... I think a lot of lessons were learnt from Iraq and Afghanistan.

I am but 1 citizen and hope those in charge make the right decisions or things will only get worse for everyone.

After covid, lockdowns and all the rest does any of this seem to be of benefit to anyone or any side...

Lets just get on with cutting chips and enjoying the life as best as we can, doing whatever you enjoy doing and just stop trying to move boarders and put ones will and control on someone else.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Grotius

More
05 Mar 2022 21:44 #236454 by Grotius
Hi,

It is indeed violating coc.
It is ok the topic is deleted, and i am happy to see who is responding to what and how.

This is the good guy : Mikhail Khodorkovsk. And he has something to say to entire world :
‘Enemy of humankind’: Ex-Russian oligarch speaks out about Putin

The following user(s) said Thank You: robertspark

More
06 Mar 2022 15:11 #236513 by arvidb
I can understand that risking a heated discussion with Russian trolls (or just misinformed Russians in general) about what's actually happening is not feasible. I can also see that posts encouraging potentially illegal activities are not okay. But can we have a locked, pinned post with information about how Russians can access impartial information, like the one I posted which got deleted, now that all normal such channels are blocked in Russia?

I cannot see how that would violate the CoC, especially in this situation where a despot is incessantly shelling hundreds of thousands of civilians, within the borders of Europe, just because they want to keep their democratic freedom.

It looks like the forum DNS registrar is in Iceland, and the IP is in the US, so the new Russian censorship laws should not apply? We are talking about an actual full scale invasion of a democratic country here; willful, widespread targeting of civilian infrastructure, and siege of civilians - it's not just politics. The security of the entire world is at stake. This is not the time to be silent.

Time to create page: 0.334 seconds