Failed to install linuxcnc2.9.2

More
06 Feb 2024 19:00 #292674 by RobotMatic
linuxcnc 2.9.2 Debian 12 Bookworm PREEMPT RT-ISO starts installation without any problems, but after finishing formatting the disk drive when it starts installing the system it fails.

I've tried many times and I couldn't get out of this situation

Why does this happen?

thank!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2024 19:08 #292675 by tommylight
Try disabling "secure boot" in BIOS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RobotMatic

More
07 Feb 2024 00:25 #292703 by RobotMatic
I have tried on 2 different cpu and I get the same problem, I suspect the pendrive!. Maybe?
I'm using an 8gb microSD flash drive. 

More
07 Feb 2024 03:00 #292713 by machinedude
i'm having the same problem. i unplugged the usb wifi and the wired connection and got a little bit further but when it gets to the install system part it hangs up? i did test the integrity and that part failed for me. at that point i was stuck in the install and had to quit but doing so messed up the OS so i have to start from the very beginning again.

More
07 Feb 2024 08:05 #292716 by rodw
what error?
Debian 12.4 should not care about secure Boot. I have 2 Debian PCs that are dual boot with Windows with secure boot.
Its just adds some hoops if you want to add dkms drivers. But once done, it never repeats.

More
07 Feb 2024 09:21 #292719 by machinedude
for me when it got to the install the system part it just gets stuck at that point? it gives you the option to choose sections but the installing the system part is close to the end of the list. i don't remember the exact phrasing on the list of choices but it was something along the lines of checking the integrity of the installation source and that part failed in my case. i will probably try some more with it after i get home from work to see if i can make any progress with it.

the only way i seen to get out of it was to abort the installation but when you do that it leaves the OS in an unusable state and you need to start fresh again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
07 Feb 2024 11:18 #292727 by tommylight
Did you both check md5sum ?
Might be issues during download.

More
07 Feb 2024 13:23 #292738 by RobotMatic
I use Rufuz 4.4 to create my Booteable USB drive
The installation starts successfully and stops at the start of the system file upload with the error (something failed, the system could not be installed, please try again).

I tried installing Debian 12.4 from the official iso and then installing linuxcnc.deb but the version that is installed is the 2.9 prem-rt , This method works.

There is no more to say, there is a conflict with the loading of system files on the hard drive, that's where everything fails, but I don't have the knowledge for more, yesterday I spent 10 hours trying on 2 cpu to install and I didn't succeed.

thankssssss 
Attachments:

More
07 Feb 2024 14:13 #292743 by machinedude
no i did not. i don't know very much about linux in general for an OS so i will have to look into how to do this more.

More
07 Feb 2024 19:01 #292775 by RobotMatic
To check if I had a problem with the pendrive or the CPU, I tried installing an ISO of Ubuntu 20.04 and it installed without problems, I leave this comment to rule out the hardware elements.
Yesterday I was also able to install the debian 12 iso without problems.
With which I deduce that the iso of the official linuxcnc page has something that generates the problem, perhaps not for everyone!! but there is clearly a problem

thanksssss !!!!

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds