Limits override on start up.

More
04 Apr 2016 01:12 - 04 Apr 2016 12:47 #72666 by eman5oh
so I was working on my hal file setting up backlash comp and managed to get a following error when the backlash kicked in while homing. I closed gmoccapy and made an edit to the ini file and restarted and could not get the machine off the limit switch. When starting gmoccapy and on a limit switch the option for override limits was greyed out. I had to use axis to get the machine off the limit switch. Is there a way to enable override limits when starting?
Last edit: 04 Apr 2016 12:47 by andypugh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2016 14:30 - 04 Apr 2016 14:30 #72719 by newbynobi
@eman5oh,

When starting gmoccapy and getting out of estop state, the "ignore limits should be checkable!
You have to check the box, before switching on the machine!

Please try and report.

Norbert
Last edit: 04 Apr 2016 14:30 by newbynobi.

More
05 Apr 2016 11:13 #72775 by andypugh
Perhaps the machine power-up state is such that the limits are not active until the machine is switched on?

So: Machine off, machine on limits but limit switches not active, so no checkbox
machine turns on, limits become active...

More
05 Apr 2016 20:24 #72809 by newbynobi
Thats a point, but also a strange way to wire the limit switches.

Norbert

More
05 Apr 2016 23:24 #72818 by eman5oh
I have figured out how to replicate the issue, gmoccapy may work this way be design but it is different than axis. I power up the machine and then launch gmoccapy click the manual mode and jog the machine into a limit with my mpg, now I closed exit gmoccapy and restart. I can not click on override limits. What I found by tring a bunch of thinks is if I toggle my physical estop button the override limits then becomes available. Like I said this may be the way it is intended to be but it took me a while to figure out how to get off a limit when the machine is started in this state.

More
22 Sep 2020 11:17 #183272 by ajsinfotech
Hello
Does anybody know where are the the limit-switch configuration on gmoccapy?
I don't find any related to limit-switches. I mean hard limit-switches to do homing like axis.
It is possible to do homing with limit-switches in gmoccapy.

I didn't find any variable in halshow either.
I am absolutely lost about this.

Thanks

More
22 Sep 2020 11:28 #183276 by tommylight
Same home entries in the ini and hal file should work for Axis and Gmoccapy.

More
22 Sep 2020 11:35 #183278 by andypugh

Hello
Does anybody know where are the the limit-switch configuration on gmoccapy?

Homing and limit switch setup is independent of GUI.

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/config/ini-homing.html

How did you set up your system? If you have not done any customisation then it might be simplest to re-run the setup utility, this time adding home and limit switches.

More
22 Sep 2020 14:06 #183303 by ajsinfotech
Thanks tommylight!

Does the limit-switches work in gmoccapy the same way as in axis? I tested long time ago in axis and it seems not to be the same.
Sorry but I haven't found any doc nor any video that are really clear to understand and configure.

When I click home x it runs to zero position immediately and stops not taking care of any limit-switch nor any input. I am sure there is something bad configured but it seems not to check any input at all. I think the axis has to run indefinitely until the switch is tripped so if I have something wrong with it will never stop right? Why it stops?

How do I instruct gmoccapy to see the limit-switches? Where is the limit switch signal come from? I think is internal. I mean, a kind of software homing.

Thanks

More
22 Sep 2020 14:32 - 22 Sep 2020 14:33 #183307 by ajsinfotech
Thanks andypugh!

I haven't saw this link. I read the old one a lot of times. I will give it a read.

I am trying to setup a RPi3 with a Mesa 7c81, so you always have to patch something :S

Thanks!
Last edit: 22 Sep 2020 14:33 by ajsinfotech.

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds