error with probe screen V2

More
15 Jul 2019 10:12 #139401 by Philippe
hello all,
I've a problem with probe sceen V2 when I lauch on program the message say : the [AXIS_2] MAX_LIMIT is not defined, where can i define this limit. i don't see it in the exemple.
do you have some ideas

BR

Philippe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2019 10:59 #139411 by tommylight
It should be in the ini file, located inside your config folder.

More
15 Jul 2019 13:56 #139429 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic error with probe screen V2

hello all,
I've a problem with probe sceen V2 when I lauch on program the message say : the [AXIS_2] MAX_LIMIT is not defined, where can i define this limit. i don't see it in the exemple.
do you have some ideas

BR

Philippe

Seems Odd to be AXIS_2 not AXIS_Y or similar. POst your hal and ini. its probably easy to sort out.

More
15 Jul 2019 14:55 #139439 by Philippe
Replied by Philippe on topic error with probe screen V2
Fint in the attached files my ini, hal,and postgui-hal files
Attachments:

More
15 Jul 2019 15:28 #139443 by tommylight
Noticed home search velocity in the ini file for the joint2 or Z axis is set at 200000 !

More
15 Jul 2019 17:21 #139471 by Philippe
Replied by Philippe on topic error with probe screen V2
In think it's an error, I put it at 2.0, but i think is not the origin of my problem

More
15 Sep 2019 15:11 #145256 by benzkiller
Have you been able to fix this issue?

More
03 Nov 2019 11:51 #149480 by fl.rene
Replied by fl.rene on topic error with probe screen V2
Hello all,

My name is Rene and a week ago I decided to implement Probe_Screen_v2 to my Hobby-LinuxCNC-machine because I think it is very useful to get some additional information about the requested tool during manual tool change!!

Many thanks to the developer!!! The instructions for the installation are really helpful and is was easy to implement Probe Screen to LinuxCNC! I followed the instructions as described, copied all files to the right location including the hidden .axisrc file, did the changes in ini and hal and changed some variables in the ini to match my machine...

Almost everything is working as expected, but I got only one issue during the tool change routine:
For the first tool I get the pop-up for the requested tool as expected with the additional information and after I hit OK the measurement-procedure starts but the dialog-window doesn't go away! After measurement of the tool, my g-code is running fine but the dialog-window is still there. When I click the axis-screen the tool-dialog hides behind axis but stays there.
But at all further tool-changes, my machine moves to the requested tool-change-position but I don't get a dialog to change the tool!
As the machine reaches tool-change-position it just moves on to the tool-sensor-position without any stop or prompt for tool change, and immediately measures the second (but I had no chance to change to 2nd tool) tool!!

As I checked the pins in the hal, I noticed that the pin or signal for probe.toolchange-changed and iocontrol.0.tool-changed doesn't drop down again. Both stays active and so my machine thinks that I have done the tool-change successfully and moves on to tool-sensor-position without any stop or Dialog. probe.toolchange-number and probe.toolchange-change changes as expected in hal...

Maybe there is an issue with the manual-change.ngc (which I have not edited) which doesn't indicate SUCCESS or is there a problem with the probe_screen.py, which doesn't drop the hal pin for probe.toolchange-change after success!

I'm still sticking around with this problem for about 3 days without any idea how to get it working...
Maybe anyone else had a similar problem like me and got it to work or even the developer has some idea how to solve this issue???

I hope I'll get it to work soon.
Any help or tips are very appreciated!!!!

Thanks a lot to all and greetings from Austria.
RENE

More
03 Nov 2019 12:04 #149482 by newbynobi
Hallo RENE,

this seems not to be a gmoccapy related problem! Do you use gmoccapy or axis? I am not sure, as you mentioned the axis tool change window and also the axisrc file. Both is not needed for gmoccapy, as it uses its own routines.

As the tool change dialog does not go away, I am pretty sure, that there are some connection problems in your hal or in your remap codes.

As this is not gmoccapy related, please open an own thread in hal or ngc tools section.
And do not forget to post your config folder.

Norbert

More
03 Nov 2019 12:52 #149485 by fl.rene
Replied by fl.rene on topic error with probe screen V2
Hello Norbert,

Thanks for your quick reply. You are right, I'm using the axis screen! But I followed the instructions as described for installation in axis screen, but without success!

I commented out the lines in hal for the built in M6 Pop-Up-Dialog as described and the new one with additional tool-information appears as expected, but only for the first tool-change! At the second tool-change it moves to change-position and immediately moves on to tool-sensor-position without a dialog for the 2nd tool!! So I have no chance to change the tool to the requested one!!

Rene

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds