Linuxcnc and NativeCAM, how install all correctly?

More
02 Sep 2023 17:43 #279669 by Taichi
Hello, please tell me which version of LinuxCNC is better to install so that NativeCAM works correctly? Yesterday I tried to install it on the latest version of linuxcnc. Although it installed and worked, I cannot attach it to the system. Only work in stand alone mode. Therefore, I want to download an older version of linuxcnc that worked correctly. The information on the forum about NativeCAM is not systematized, and there is no possibility to download an older version on the site at all.
Maybe there is a version of linuxcnc with the NativeCAM package already installed?
Thx for help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2023 07:13 #279698 by Aciera
NativeCAM is Python2 as far as I know so it can only be used up to linuxcnc version 2.8.x. I don't know of any ISO with NativeCam already installed.
I used to have NativeCam as a tab in gmoccapy and, if I remember correctly, I used these instructions:
github.com/FernV/NativeCAM
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
05 Sep 2023 12:42 #279959 by Taichi
Well, I tried reinstalling linuxcnc again. Now "sudo bash ncam_debsetup.txt" does not install the plugin. packagecloud.io only hosts a package for Debian 9, so it is not installed using this method.
Then I tried the hint on github

"The repository has not been updated for Debian Buster version
As a workaround one can do this:

Download package from packagecloud.io/FernV/NativeCAM/packages...all.deb/download.deb

Install manually: sudo dpkg -i nativecam_0.1.14b_all.deb

Install any missing dependencies: sudo apt --fix-broken install"

This method installed the plugin, but it always does not work correctly.
sudo ncam -i linuxcnc.ini -c mill
cannot replace files in the menu. The script executes with an error
I will also try to install Debian 9 and update Linuxcnc via apt-get

I will try and let you know if it worked for me

More
05 Sep 2023 12:49 #279962 by Aciera
I think I may have linked the wrong page, as I was actually trying to point you to the package install:
forum.linuxcnc.org/nativecam/39068-nativ...buster-please#182941

More
05 Sep 2023 13:00 #279964 by Taichi
I also tried this option before reinstalling linuxcnc. The error when executing the script was the same. This forced me to reinstall the system again

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds