NativeCAM instantly pauses

More
18 Oct 2023 15:10 #283238 by Niko
Hi all,
I recently ran into an odd issue . When I run programs in NativeCAM which I've successfully ran before, I get  nothing . It just goes into machine pause and that's it . Clicking next line does nothing as well . LinuxCNC funcionality is not affected . I ran G-code from another CAM without issues. I don't know where to look for debug information, and cannot point out where thet came from.
The problem itself came while I was attempting to machine a part that is a bit too big for my machine, and in that case would travel out of it's limits . After that I could not get nativecam to work . I suspect it wrote something, that was not deleted afterward .

Any thoughts on where to look for issues ?

Cheers
Nikolai

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2023 21:11 - 18 Oct 2023 21:12 #283253 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic NativeCAM instantly pauses
I think that NativeCAM does something interesting with block-delete to show the stock. I wonder if it is related to that?

Though often this is due to spindle-at-speed not going true. Have you checked for that?
Last edit: 18 Oct 2023 21:12 by andypugh.

More
19 Oct 2023 06:46 - 31 Oct 2023 08:38 #283275 by Niko
Replied by Niko on topic NativeCAM instantly pauses
I've had the spindle at speed issue before with other cam programs, but this time it runs gcode from solidcam while the problem persists in nativecam . Come to think of it I have it setup to show the stock . I'll have to try with that option off .
Thank you for that suggestion .

Edit :
I had no luck in getting it running again, with show stock disabled . Hand written g code works well, exported from solidcam also works .

Any thoughts ?
Last edit: 31 Oct 2023 08:38 by Niko.

More
06 Nov 2023 09:06 #284690 by Niko
I even reinstalled native cam, without success .
Which files does it use to interact with linuxcnc ?

More
09 Nov 2023 15:00 #284946 by Zbigi
Replied by Zbigi on topic NativeCAM instantly pauses
make a new test , simple configuration of the machine , add NCam and see if it works simple operations such as pockets,....
it will be known if it is a problem in the old machine or completely Ncam is broken

More
14 Nov 2023 18:24 #285404 by Niko
Ncan ran on that machine for a few years . That's what is odd .
Any idea where ncam holds parameters ?

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds