Getting HALCMD working with PP 2.04

More
01 May 2018 07:27 #109885 by Clive S
In PP 2 in the MDI window typing ADMIN HALMETER works fine but ADMIN HALCMD -KF does not work, any ideas?

Also how to get a root terminal up with PathPilot. has all this been disabled in this version of PP.

I am starting PP from the desktop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2018 08:55 #109889 by smgvbest
I do not believe PP takes options.
it won't recognize the -kf
what exactly does PP return when you do type the command? what about messages in the logs

PP interprets the command then passes it on
ADMIN HALCMD SHOW works for example
ADMIN HLACMD -K SHOW does not

you'd have to edit the python code to make it work

More
01 May 2018 09:24 #109891 by Stigoe

In PP 2 in the MDI window typing ADMIN HALMETER works fine but ADMIN HALCMD -KF does not work, any ideas?

Also how to get a root terminal up with PathPilot. has all this been disabled in this version of PP.

I am starting PP from the desktop.

Are you starting it from a launcher or from a terminal? I haven't upgraded to 2.0.4 yet (I'm still on 2.0.2), but in 2.0.2 it works when you start PP from a terminal. After you have started it from a terminal and entered "ADMIN HALCMD -KF" in the MDI window, use Alt-Tab to switch to the terminal you started PP from and it should show "halcmd:".

More
01 May 2018 09:40 - 01 May 2018 09:45 #109892 by emptyhb
is It working ?, i'm going back to 10.04 Lucid because it give me better latency and i don't owner mesa ethernet card so no need Preempt RT kernel.

Attachments:
Last edit: 01 May 2018 09:45 by emptyhb.

More
01 May 2018 10:55 #109894 by Clive S
Many thanks for the replies.
@smgvbest. When I type ADMIN HALCMD SHOW in the MDI nothing happens (and nothing in status) But in the log file it clearly shows the pins etc. I have sent you an email via the forum but not sure if that works.

@Stigoe I am starting from a launcher from the desktop I don't think there is much difference in 2.02-2.04. When it is started you can use Alt-Tab to get to a terminal but it is the one that shows up in the logs. Typing "halcmd show " does nothing.

How would I start a root terminal and launch PP from there.

File Attachment:

File Name: pathpilotlog.txt
File Size:147 KB

I am trying to connect 3 mpg's onto a 7i85s to the P2 on the 5i25 (I have the correct bit file and the encoder on the spindle is working fine) Post here forum.linuxcnc.org/38-general-linuxcnc-q...ing-a-mpg-to-a-7i85s
I am doing the alterations in a custom hal.

File Attachment:

File Name: custom_encoder.hal
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:

More
01 May 2018 11:09 - 01 May 2018 11:12 #109895 by Stigoe

How would I start a root terminal and launch PP from there.

You don't need to start as root. Just start a terminal and type "./operator_login" (from the home folder, without the quotes) and press Enter. This starts PP and you can follow what I wrote in my previous post.
Edit: When you get "halcmd:" in the terminal, you can type "show", "parameters" or "save" or whatever else you would type and you will get what you are looking for. All the results from your commands will end up in pathpilotlog.txt in ~/gcode/logfiles.
Last edit: 01 May 2018 11:12 by Stigoe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
01 May 2018 11:39 #109897 by Clive S
@Stigoe Many thanks yes that works. Are you able to help with the mpg setup I am trying to do:)

More
01 May 2018 11:42 #109898 by Stigoe
Sorry, but I don't have this pendant and I don't know that much about modifying hal-files.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds