Another offset probing request

More
06 Mar 2024 05:49 - 06 Mar 2024 06:52 #295294 by Deveraux
Yeah im confused as well but if i uninstall the component everything works fine again ... Im on Debian 11 Buster btw.Probe speed should be valid as its working just fine with the standard component.  
EDIT :
Just put in the Tar from the backup button

Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Mar 2024 06:52 by Deveraux.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2024 05:53 #295295 by phillc54
I will look through your config tomorrow. In the future could you use the backup button on the settings tab to post the config on the forum.

More
06 Mar 2024 07:05 #295299 by phillc54
Your update log has 24-01-16 Updated to V2.9-236.278, are you sure you are running master branch, the title bar should have 2.10 in it:

I am not sure why you are using the HAL file plasmac.tcl, normally QtPlasmaC would use qtplasmac_comp.hal

I made a sim from your config, changed the HAL file to qtplasmac_comp.hal, ran it in master branch and the last plasmac component I posted here definitely works.
Attachments:

More
06 Mar 2024 07:19 - 06 Mar 2024 07:25 #295300 by Deveraux
Well i was sure i ran the masterbranch because after you pushed the fix for the G64 Bug to Master i updated as soon as the buidbot was finished and the fix worked.
I will check my repo settings.
The config is a converted config from plasmac using the converter mabye thats the problem. 
I will check it out today.
If making these changes does not fix my problems i think its best for me to wipe the pc and do a clean fresh install also creating the config anew.
Now that i know that my softwaresetup is the problem this should be easy to fix.
Thanks 

EDIT: 
I am sure that i did another update do to the G64 run from line bug i found and you fixxed that was like  2 weeks ago max... Weird that the log doesent say anything bout that.
I will wipe the sys and do a fresh install.
Last edit: 06 Mar 2024 07:25 by Deveraux.

More
06 Mar 2024 07:31 #295301 by phillc54

I am sure that i did another update do to the G64 run from line bug i found and you fixxed that was like  2 weeks ago max... Weird that the log doesent say anything bout that.

That bug affected 2.9 too, so it was updated as well.

Not all updates are logged, only the ones we consider as major updates. I thought that a change from 2.9 to 2.10 should be logged though. Although I may be wrong...

More
11 Mar 2024 19:40 - 11 Mar 2024 21:15 #295674 by Deveraux
Soooo i hate to annoy you again but i have a couple of questions as i have been trying to solve this on my own for a few days but im not getting anywhere. 
First of all which version of debian are you running the master branch on ? 
(I was not running the masterbranch for the records i had the normal repos ) But once i updated the repos to the masterbranch with 2.10 on buster i couldnt even start qtplasmac anymore ( neither with qtplasmac_comp.hal nor plasmac.tcl)  with plasmac.tcl it started up once into the gui telling me to restart afterwhich i get an error that it cannot find M190...
qtplasmac_comp.hal gets me errors that the hal pins for arc ok do not exist. (If i comment out the arc ok pin it just Iterates through the halpins saying they dont exist) 
(for the records my System was build on linuxcnc 2.8 plasmac and i upgraded to 2.9 and via the converter. 

I pretty much gave up on my config already since it seems to be the problem  and i will recreate the machine config from scratch.
But before i do that i would like to know if there is a possibility to run the master branch on bookworm ? I tried buildbot2 but the Package wasnt Signed so i thought id rather ask if there is an offial repo for the masterbranch on bookworm or if i should rebuild my setup on buster since the buildbot page only shows the repository of the master branch for buster...
Anyways since i couldnt progress on the software side of things i built a floating z axis with 3 inductive sensors to pause the program upon collision which does help. But i would still like to get this up running.

Last edit: 11 Mar 2024 21:15 by Deveraux.

More
11 Mar 2024 22:42 - 11 Mar 2024 22:44 #295697 by phillc54

First of all which version of debian are you running the master branch on ?

Buster, Bullseye, and Bookworm. All my development is done on Bookworm.

(I was not running the masterbranch for the records i had the normal repos ) But once i updated the repos to the masterbranch with 2.10 on buster i couldnt even start qtplasmac anymore ( neither with qtplasmac_comp.hal nor plasmac.tcl)  with plasmac.tcl it started up once into the gui telling me to restart afterwhich i get an error that it cannot find M190...
for the records my System was build on linuxcnc 2.8 plasmac and i upgraded to 2.9 and via the converter

Aha, one of your earlier posts did mention master, and the update from 2.8 does explain the .tcl file.
If you installed the package that is in Debian Bookworm then I am not surprised by the errors, that version is very buggy.

I pretty much gave up on my config already since it seems to be the problem  and i will recreate the machine config from scratch.
But before i do that i would like to know if there is a possibility to run the master branch on bookworm ? I tried buildbot2 but the Package wasnt Signed so i thought id rather ask if there is an offial repo for the masterbranch on bookworm or if i should rebuild my setup on buster since the buildbot page only shows the repository of the master branch for buster

You can definitely run master branch on Bookworm. There should be no problem installing the packages from buildbot2 and then we should be able to rework your existing config to get you up and running although that may take longer than creating a new config...
Last edit: 11 Mar 2024 22:44 by phillc54.

More
12 Mar 2024 09:49 #295726 by Deveraux
I will recreate the complete machine config as i do think its more time efficient at this point.

Just for clarification what do you mean when you say  " If you installed the package that is in Debian Bookworm then I am not surprised by the errors, that version is very buggy." ? Are you referring to the Official Iso ? or are you referring to the package which can be downloaded from debian ? I would like to operate as bug free as possible but also as up to date as possible which is why the following is my train of thought before i recreate the config.

I will reinstall via the official Bookworm Iso  "LinuxCNC 2.9.2  Debian 12 Bookworm PREEMPT-RT ISO ".
I will add the keys and change the repos to "deb buildbot2.highlab.com/debian/ bookworm master-uspace" 
Afterwhich i will update/upgrade which results in 2.10 master. 
Then i will recreate the config for my machine and install your component for the Probing. 
This should leave me with a stable (as stable as the master gets) system.

If what you referring to as buggy is the above mentioned way and using Buster with the
"deb buildbot2.highlab.com/debian/ buster master-uspace repo "
to get on master is less buggy when i recreate the config on 2.10 i will do just that.
Please do point me in the right direction.
Thank you so much for your effort by the way.

More
12 Mar 2024 10:06 #295728 by phillc54
The workflow that you described above should be fine. 

The linuxcnc package in the Debian packages is buggy, it is from 20230208
packages.debian.org/search?keywords=Linu...bookworm§ion=all
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deveraux

More
12 Mar 2024 10:19 #295730 by Deveraux
Great. 
Well i was pretty sure you were reffering to that package but i thought id rather ask. 
I did have these weird halpin errors on that package on a bookworm iso. But also on Buster 2.10 (That was also the system i upgraded from 2.8 to 2.9 and then to 2.10) .
I will go the Bookworm iso install route and reinstall everything properly. 
Also a good way to straighten up my personal build documentation.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds